The Typhoon Clutch Fix - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo Turbo Talks start here.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2005, 01:23   #1 (permalink)

The Typhoon Clutch Fix

As some of you may have read my recent bleaty post re the Typhoon clutch. Well firstly to Aussie Geo, don't worry about the EB wa@kers mate, its only jelousy.
I sent Mr Flint another bleat the other day suggesting that FPV buy me a Mal Wood clutch and fit it, and this is part of the email response I got this morning.

Quote.
"Thank you for your email. I am pleased that eventually we were able to satisfy you but its a pity that you had to give us a nudge first.
I am confident that we are close to releasing a clutch with the issues solved and rather than fit what I am convinced is a totally unsatisfactory application of a single plate clutch you described, I would like to offer you a small part to play in our development program.
We have four cars currently running with the re-developed clutch in and it would be most useful if you would agree to have such a clutch fitted to your car to give us some more real world experience.
If you are agreeable to this, please call me and we will make arrangements just as soon as we can. I can be contacted on 04** *** *** . Unquote.

Well I rang David and we had a chat, he knows how bleaty and anal I can be about my FPVs and I don't think he would tell me something just to fob me off, or make this offer it it wasn't 99.9% real . It appears to me that the fix is indeed very very close, done in fact, except they want to be sure it is right. I have a Dr of Engineering ringing me to organise getting the new set up fitted
Ahhhhh the fix, the fix, the fix is on the horizon.
Thanks David
Pedders Shocks & Springs,Whiteline Swaybars, Manta Exhaust System, Twin 3 inch High Flow Cats & 4 inch Dump Pipe, Injectors and High Vol Pump, FPV Mats, Tinted Glass
Whhoooosssshhh

350rwkw XTREME EDIT
The Real Performance Thing
HSV What ?
and 013, Lightning Strike:
Twin 2.5 Mandrel Bent Exhaust, High Flow Cat, CAI & Pedders Suspension
Hypnodoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2005, 01:34   #2 (permalink)

Re: The Typhoon Clutch Fix

Must be sort of a good feeling noing you are apart of the R&D for FPV
Old 04-07-2005, 01:42   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnodoc
As some of you may have read my recent bleaty post re the Typhoon clutch. Well firstly to Aussie Geo, don't worry about the EB wa@kers mate, its only jelousy.
I sent Mr Flint another bleat the other day suggesting that FPV buy me a Mal Wood clutch and fit it, and this is part of the email response I got this morning.

Quote.
"Thank you for your email. I am pleased that eventually we were able to satisfy you but its a pity that you had to give us a nudge first.
I am confident that we are close to releasing a clutch with the issues solved and rather than fit what I am convinced is a totally unsatisfactory application of a single plate clutch you described, I would like to offer you a small part to play in our development program.
We have four cars currently running with the re-developed clutch in and it would be most useful if you would agree to have such a clutch fitted to your car to give us some more real world experience.
If you are agreeable to this, please call me and we will make arrangements just as soon as we can. I can be contacted on 04** *** *** . Unquote.

Well I rang David and we had a chat, he knows how bleaty and anal I can be about my FPVs and I don't think he would tell me something just to fob me off, or make this offer it it wasn't 99.9% real . It appears to me that the fix is indeed very very close, done in fact, except they want to be sure it is right. I have a Dr of Engineering ringing me to organise getting the new set up fitted
Thanks David

Make sure you give it all you got Hypno. With the power you got if you cant break it no standard Typhoon will break it.
Glen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 02:16   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdennis1
Must be sort of a good feeling noing you are apart of the R&D for FPV
Ahhh mate someones got to do it. Maybe they might give me a discount when they release the series 2 Typhoon, cause I'll tell ya what, with an edit etc up their bum there ain't nothing will catch one.
Pedders Shocks & Springs,Whiteline Swaybars, Manta Exhaust System, Twin 3 inch High Flow Cats & 4 inch Dump Pipe, Injectors and High Vol Pump, FPV Mats, Tinted Glass
Whhoooosssshhh

350rwkw XTREME EDIT
The Real Performance Thing
HSV What ?
and 013, Lightning Strike:
Twin 2.5 Mandrel Bent Exhaust, High Flow Cat, CAI & Pedders Suspension
Hypnodoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 03:29   #5 (permalink)
MYF6

I told them I was super keen to get the new clutch and test it for them. They gave me another temp fix yesterday. Looks like Jarrod at the CRC will be getting a call in the morning!!

Just sent Flinty an email offering my F6 as a test bed also. Lets hope!
Old 04-07-2005, 04:17   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnodoc

Quote.

Thanks David
Well Doc I am sure you will be a good work out for that new permanent fix. And boy am I am glad to see there is some light at the end of the tunnel. I did not mean too sound too whinny about the P76 crack.... but hell after paying out so many hard earned $'s you expect to get something better than just the fleet hack car.

Anyway I have been watching with great interest the great job Simon has been doing on the Ghost, the only thing that has stopped me from calling him up for the same is this bloody clutch worry so mate... give her heaps and if she is still sweet after about a month I will be joining the Q outside Simon's place :).

I am happy with her as she is now...... but like all great females you always want more

Peter
Aussie_Geo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 04:21   #7 (permalink)

I must admit Flinty's pulled a nice furry bunny out of the good old PR hat. 'Provide us with more real world experience...'. Yeah whatever... I suppose this friendly gesture is supposed to make a few Typhoon owners warm and fuzzy so they can forget that their standard Typhoon is slower than the neighbours $15K cheaper xr6 turbo.
chich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 05:28   #8 (permalink)
MADABOUTFORDS

Quote:
Originally Posted by chich
I must admit Flinty's pulled a nice furry bunny out of the good old PR hat. 'Provide us with more real world experience...'. Yeah whatever... I suppose this friendly gesture is supposed to make a few Typhoon owners warm and fuzzy so they can forget that their standard Typhoon is slower than the neighbours $15K cheaper xr6 turbo.
Ah!!! Maybe the delay has been not only to validate the clutch fix but also adjust the ECU. Perhaps the stinging critisicm has prompted them to tinker with the computer just a little? We'll soon find out. Perhaps the boys at Motor will re-test the F6?
Blueblud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 16:00   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chich
PRECISELY!!!!! Thats my biggest complaint about the thing - even if it HAS a clutch it's still NOT A FAST CAR! Yeah you can get great performance out of it for very little money - SO WHY THE HELL HAVENT FPV DONE IT?
R33GTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 17:21   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by R33GTR
PRECISELY!!!!! Thats my biggest complaint about the thing - even if it HAS a clutch it's still NOT A FAST CAR! Yeah you can get great performance out of it for very little money - SO WHY THE HELL HAVENT FPV DONE IT?
In gear- it's a decent car to punt around in.. but it can't top the GT power wise, and lets not go there eh..
Headache is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo