Typhoon or GT - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo Turbo Talks start here.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2005, 22:01   #1 (permalink)

Typhoon or GT

Was told that the Typhoon's production won't commence for a while, so have decided to get the GT instead. Is this the right decision?

Is it true there were problems with the fuel tanks for the Typhoon? or was that an urban myth?
Bodat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-24-2005, 22:12   #2 (permalink)
Club Phantom

Re: Typhoon or GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodat
Was told that the Typhoon's production won't commence for a while, so have decided to get the GT instead. Is this the right decision?

Is it true there were problems with the fuel tanks for the Typhoon? or was that an urban myth?
Can't help you with the fuel tank query, however, you are DEFINATELY making the right decision with the GT. I own two and I'd buy another one anyday.
COUPEMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2005, 00:48   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodat

Mate I went from a MK1 GT into a Typhoon that got the clutch issue (still waiting for FPV to find the fix), they put me back into a MK 1 GT loaner. I must say I was peeved at the power of the Typhoon initially, but then I got the right guy in WA to edit it and the Typhoon got scarey even on standard injectors, with all due respect to the GT cause I love them and will get a series 2 very soon, an edited Typhoon will walk all over the GT everywhere. I havn't heard anything re the fuel tank. If you want power go the Typhoon, if you want the V8 rumble, the bulge, and better handling IMHO go the GT, but you will have to spend lots to unleash its full potential
Pedders Shocks & Springs,Whiteline Swaybars, Manta Exhaust System, Twin 3 inch High Flow Cats & 4 inch Dump Pipe, Injectors and High Vol Pump, FPV Mats, Tinted Glass
Whhoooosssshhh

350rwkw XTREME EDIT
The Real Performance Thing
HSV What ?
and 013, Lightning Strike:
Twin 2.5 Mandrel Bent Exhaust, High Flow Cat, CAI & Pedders Suspension
Hypnodoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2005, 01:48   #4 (permalink)

GO THE GT!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a MKII GT-P, outstanding in all respects. Rapid in colour

Its no toy..........but hey its the most fun beast I have driven..

Good luck and enjoy the ride.

Cheers
NOBOUNDARIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2005, 01:58   #5 (permalink)

Couldn't afford either but i'd take a GT in a flash, the status, the induction noise, the exhuast note and with a few grand spent in the right places a high 12sec NA reliable/streetable sports sedan. There's nothing really that wrong with the typoon, it's just not my choice of car.
Noddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2005, 05:17   #6 (permalink)

Your Never Late In A V8! :)
KNG-40L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2005, 05:24   #7 (permalink)
New Car Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by KNG-40L
Your Never Late In A V8! :)
And I don't see a fix for the straight-six.

BTW, I've heard through the W.A. FPV representitive, that Typhoon production is to re-commence in April.
CAT600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2005, 06:39   #8 (permalink)

yer heard that cars will be delieved in april... good to see, i have a few eager ppl awaiting there cars and there tunes
Xtreme F6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2005, 07:32   #9 (permalink)

Bugger the GT, go the Typhoon.I paid $3200 to get 375 Kw at the flywheel.You can not get that sort of power for the bucks out of a GT.I have had no problems with the tank,and my clutch is still holding, until the mod is done, one day I hope. I looked at a car yesterday which has 850 HP (It is a famous Commodore with a 370 stroker kit and a blower etc,etc).He said you can get a clutch off the shelf here, that he is using which can handle 1150HP.If FPV don't fix the problem I will get one.I know Its FPV's problem, but maybe a clutch for $1500 that will be better than anything FPV comes up with,and bingo you have got a strong cheap supercar that will blow most things away.After all Don't we modify things to make them better.Horses for courses though.I have had many hot V8"s, with the rumble and noise, but it does not do it for me.FPV were right that Typhoon owners would come out of German cars.I know they were not talking about build quality!!!.They were talking about performance.I prefer the quiet car that makes no noise and drives like a Ba XT for running around which is 95 percent of our normal driving, but plant your foot and you are up there with the $200,000+ German supercars.Not to mention the Japanese cars but I am talking about big saloons.For the final word, speak to people with seriously chipped turbo sixes and have had V8's and ask them if they would go back.
fpvf6typhoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2005, 14:41   #10 (permalink)

for a piece of mind go with the GT because mate u know the thing is lethal in all aspects, and by far i believe a more of a head turner...so why not own a piece of ford history? the typhoon is great but hey i wouldnt wana blow 60grand and worry weather my clutch will let go or even worry at all...so mate trust ur instinct, (YOU KNOW U WANT THE GT) lol
mr_xlr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo