Typhoon Handling - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo Turbo Talks start here.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2005, 00:15   #1 (permalink)

Typhoon Handling

Good AFternoon Everyone

We have just got our new Typhoon and I can not drive a car standard . So I am off to get her lowered before the main man comes home.

Has anyone who has purchased a new Typhoon had theirs lowered as yet and how does it handle ? We have noticed that the back end is very loose.

Simon watch out we are rocking around to get your super power put on her as soon as she has had her first service

Thanks
RapidTypLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-26-2005, 02:46   #2 (permalink)

Re: Typhoon Handling

How much are you wanting to spend on 'lowering'?? you can get a reset set of springs for a few hundred $$, or go the whole hog with adjustable coilovers etc??

Bilstein/Koni are top notch, try Wilkinson Suspension Centre or other reputable Companies that deal in suspension..
Old 07-26-2005, 19:32   #3 (permalink)

Hi Headache

No I want this puppy done properly.

I was actually going to get Herrod Springs as that is what we had on the XR6T I have not heard of the Koni ones.

Price is not the issue .. the ride is afterwards.

So can you tell me a little more about these others.

Thank you
Old 07-26-2005, 20:08   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapidTypLady
Good AFternoon Everyone

We have just got our new Typhoon and I can not drive a car standard . So I am off to get her lowered before the main man comes home.

Has anyone who has purchased a new Typhoon had theirs lowered as yet and how does it handle ? We have noticed that the back end is very loose.

Simon watch out we are rocking around to get your super power put on her as soon as she has had her first service

Thanks
I`m Jealous,
word like price is not issue about a car,
Want to get it lowered before the main man comes home.
And then you start talkong about loose rear ends(sorry couldn`t let that one go.)
Oh do you have a sister or could you at least train my wife to be more like you.
Good luck with your new toy I`m sure she will be a screamer.
cheers Pete
stang65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 20:32   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stang65
I`m Jealous,
word like price is not issue about a car,
Want to get it lowered before the main man comes home.
And then you start talkong about loose rear ends(sorry couldn`t let that one go.)
Oh do you have a sister or could you at least train my wife to be more like you.
Good luck with your new toy I`m sure she will be a screamer.
cheers Pete
Hi Pete

I am very passionate about our car it has to be perfect. My man thinks I am way too pedantic about her. I use to be in the drag racing industry and it taught me to love and pamper my car as well as understand it. I love it when I can get down and get greasy. lol.

I can certainly talk to your wife about being more like me. First criteria she has to be passionate.

Thank you for wishing me luck .. I think I am going to need it when I get that Xtreme unit on her ... lol.

Rest assured you have a car that I love and that is the Mustang oh mannnnnnnnnnnn.

Take care now
Old 07-27-2005, 01:21   #6 (permalink)

Heya..

OK, for one, I wouldn't go to your dealer and get 'Herrod' gear if you want 'good gear'.. Just me, but like I say, that's just me.. They have a 'lowering kit' for $850 fitted tho..

Shoot up to Wilkinsons or WA Suspensions and have a chat to them, they will have no problem draining $5K from you for some top notch components, but where do you stop?? Koni, Bilstein etc are very good brands

A good set of coilovers will let you have a 'comfy' ride when taking a long drive, or, if you want to head out for some track work etc, twist the knob (literally) to give a firmer ride. Also come with height adjustment aswell..

Sky is the limit.
Old 07-27-2005, 02:47   #7 (permalink)
Injection is nice But

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache
Heya..

OK, for one, I wouldn't go to your dealer and get 'Herrod' gear if you want 'good gear'.. Just me, but like I say, that's just me.. They have a 'lowering kit' for $850 fitted tho..

Shoot up to Wilkinsons or WA Suspensions and have a chat to them, they will have no problem draining $5K from you for some top notch components, but where do you stop?? Koni, Bilstein etc are very good brands

A good set of coilovers will let you have a 'comfy' ride when taking a long drive, or, if you want to head out for some track work etc, twist the knob (literally) to give a firmer ride. Also come with height adjustment aswell..

Sky is the limit.
Wilkinson suspension will give you good gear & good advice..

Herrods do not make there own spings, they use king products. King make them to Herrods specifications.

I fitted there specification springs to my BA GT. Dropped it nicely & improved handling.

good value for $$$ spent

Brett
BAGTHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 04:59   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAGTHO

good value for $$$ spent

Brett
And therein lies the answer.

:)
Old 07-27-2005, 21:52   #9 (permalink)

Rapid One

Off to Ford you go for the Herrod springs..We have the price for that one and they worked a treat on the turbo.
perthxr6t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 08:43   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by perthxr6t
Rapid One

Off to Ford you go for the Herrod springs..We have the price for that one and they worked a treat on the turbo.
Oh man your luky u have her she looks after your toy while your away... Just remember traction control off D.......

Mate... There if u want the proper gear for it.. I can arrange it for a very good price, fully adjustable shocks ect for a very nice price... Give me a call D

Simon
Xtreme F6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo