Typhoon Redemption - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo Turbo Talks start here.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2005, 22:47   #1 (permalink)

Typhoon Redemption

Had a talk to a Ford Dealer in WA WA land this morning (McInerneys) and they got onto FPV and I had a call within an hour. The go is park it up there and drive another FPV until its fixed. Bloody amazing that a dealer who didn't even sell the Typhoon to me was so helpful and on the ball, I literally missed the Audi dealer by 2 hours It will be interesting to see if they can get it well sorted which I'm sure they can. Guess who gets to replace my company cars from now on. Thanks Kristian from McInerneys and Matthew from FPV
Pedders Shocks & Springs,Whiteline Swaybars, Manta Exhaust System, Twin 3 inch High Flow Cats & 4 inch Dump Pipe, Injectors and High Vol Pump, FPV Mats, Tinted Glass
Whhoooosssshhh

350rwkw XTREME EDIT
The Real Performance Thing
HSV What ?
and 013, Lightning Strike:
Twin 2.5 Mandrel Bent Exhaust, High Flow Cat, CAI & Pedders Suspension
Hypnodoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2005, 22:49   #2 (permalink)

Re: Typhoon Redemption

LOL you think they would be helpful after what was in the sydney paper this morning.... fords f6 fpv in crisis...
not a flame, i love the ford... its a pity they tried to blame the drivers
Tills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 23:46   #3 (permalink)

They said the manual Typhoon was a chore to drive and that the 240kW XR6 Turbo automatic was actually faster. You don't lose the boost shifting up that's why.
Old 01-27-2005, 23:53   #4 (permalink)
Tornado F6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnodoc

Had a talk to a Ford Dealer in WA WA land this morning (McInerneys) and they got onto FPV and I had a call within an hour. The go is park it up there and drive another FPV until its fixed. Bloody amazing that a dealer who didn't even sell the Typhoon to me was so helpful and on the ball, I literally missed the Audi dealer by 2 hours It will be interesting to see if they can get it well sorted which I'm sure they can. Guess who gets to replace my company cars from now on. Thanks Kristian from McInerneys and Matthew from FPV
Thank Christ for that
I wouldnt go to your previous dealer if they were the last dealer on this earth.
Correct me if I'm wrong but McInerny are one of the few PRIVATELY owned Ford dealers left in WA.
Ive had dealings with them in the past and no dramas at all Just they are a long way from home so I go To Nu-Ford and the man I deal with there worked for Mac & Ernie hahaha for years.
They sell Sevice and cars as well
2003 White RTV Ute
Tornado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 00:33   #5 (permalink)

Good to see some positive news for you Doc. Good luck. =)
BDAZLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 01:47   #6 (permalink)

Doc, I hope they get it right it for you. I have been following this saga on the F6's on the forums for some time and it is all very depressing. I can understand how you feel. When I had my AUII XR8 it was supposed to come with the Tickford body kit. After I took delivery I found out the body kit was an after sales item fitted by Talon. It developed cracks in the rear skirt and took a long time to be fixed properly as the dealer was not helpful. These sorts of things detract from the ownership experience. Apart from that, it was a great car. I am very happy with my MkI GTP. Anyway, it is good to hear that finally some positive action is taking place. Cheers. Jim Young
Jim Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 03:18   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnodoc

Hypnodoc, I am absolutely amazed !!

Its amazing what some professional customer service can do.
Glad to see that in 1 day you have let go of your hissy fit and jumped back on board the Ford & FPV bandwagon again. The last thing the blue ovals need is to loose a customer.
Is Ford & FPV still a clown show now ?????????

Matthew ( from FPV ) Who ever you are, good job ..............keep flying the flag.....and breaking new ground....
Old 01-28-2005, 04:03   #8 (permalink)
When 2 T3s are not enough

Great to hear mate! some good old fashion customer service can make all the difference sometimes, even if your still having trouble with the car, at least your not being treated like a drongo for your trouble. This might be the turnaround point for you mate. Although from what I read in the paper its not for the F6.........
Street machine Feb 2002
TE50T3 Remember the GTHO? well your getting close.
Motor mag Jan 2002

Wouldn't you love to say that about your car?You loosers
Noboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 17:21   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbutler
Great to hear mate! some good old fashion customer service can make all the difference sometimes, even if your still having trouble with the car, at least your not being treated like a drongo for your trouble. This might be the turnaround point for you mate. Although from what I read in the paper its not for the F6.........
What's the paper saying?
Nobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 02:23   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPRFPVFAN
Hypnodoc, I am absolutely amazed !!

Its amazing what some professional customer service can do.
Glad to see that in 1 day you have let go of your hissy fit and jumped back on board the Ford & FPV bandwagon again. The last thing the blue ovals need is to loose a customer.
Is Ford & FPV still a clown show now ?????????

Matthew ( from FPV ) Who ever you are, good job ..............keep flying the flag.....and breaking new ground....
It was McInerneys and not FPV that made an initial move to help, I think mainly because the FPV people were all in the bunker putting a strategy togeather as they are now contacting all Typhoon owners. I do admire that FPV havn't taken the old, its only a few cars so we'll see what happens, attitude which is the present howly diff strategy apparently. I even believe they may have been let down by AP, but the fact remains that only a circus would allow such a pre launch hyped car to find itself in the murky waters where it is at present. I also believe that the car will not redeem until the motoring writers can ALL get one that doesn't run out of puff at 4500 rpm. But the positive thing is that the car is redeemable and therefore so is the name and reputation of FPV, any person or company that takes $65000 of my money and delivers me a car in the condition and with the faults of the Grey Ghost will be subjected to a Hissy Fit if they don't move to make it good. FPV have done that but McInerneys beat them to it. Quite frankly its very refreshing and I'm still rather amazed that I found a place where the staff have a genuine passion about the cars and the customer.
Pedders Shocks & Springs,Whiteline Swaybars, Manta Exhaust System, Twin 3 inch High Flow Cats & 4 inch Dump Pipe, Injectors and High Vol Pump, FPV Mats, Tinted Glass
Whhoooosssshhh

350rwkw XTREME EDIT
The Real Performance Thing
HSV What ?
and 013, Lightning Strike:
Twin 2.5 Mandrel Bent Exhaust, High Flow Cat, CAI & Pedders Suspension
Hypnodoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo