Typhoon and Tornado production ceased - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo Turbo Talks start here.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2005, 23:44   #1 (permalink)

Typhoon and Tornado production ceased

After trying to blame the POS AP clutch faults and lack of real power on the Motor journos, I see the boys at the clown factory have come out of denial. I went into a Brisbane ford dealer today to see about replacing a couple of company cars and got told that the Typhoon and Tornado production has ceased until they get the clutch right and this could mean an AP replacement or a different single plate exchange. If this is the case you can bet that the single plate will be the same POS that is fitted to the GTs which will only really ensure that the lads at the clown factory (FPV) dig a deeper hole for themselves before they go into denial about the rattley 6 speed.
As for resale value of the Typhoon, I think that it will take at least a year for the reputation to come good after the next Motor and Wheels magazines present their opinions, and thats only if FPV get the thing right eventully. Common sense dictates that this will give all the early Typhoons a performance car reputation akin to somewhere between a LADA and the early Camiras. As soon as I get back to WA I will put as much distance between the Grey Ghost and myself as possible (I can feel a tear up coming on). As for FPV, what a fcuking clown show
Pedders Shocks & Springs,Whiteline Swaybars, Manta Exhaust System, Twin 3 inch High Flow Cats & 4 inch Dump Pipe, Injectors and High Vol Pump, FPV Mats, Tinted Glass
Whhoooosssshhh

350rwkw XTREME EDIT
The Real Performance Thing
HSV What ?
and 013, Lightning Strike:
Twin 2.5 Mandrel Bent Exhaust, High Flow Cat, CAI & Pedders Suspension
Hypnodoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-21-2005, 01:19   #2 (permalink)

Re: Typhoon and Tornado production ceased

If they went to the extent of getting an AP clutch, surely they wouldn't just 'can' it and install the same unit as in the GT?

Don't believe that FPV are the only company to utilise average quality clutches - any decent GEN III Commodore runs an aftermarket clutch.
Velocity MkII M6 XR6T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 02:46   #3 (permalink)
Injection is nice But

A real pity to here of you're woes with the Typhoon Doc.

You ever need to feel better you can come for a ride in My Gt

Brett
BAGTHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 04:07   #4 (permalink)
Beastmaster

You do realise of course if they give up and go back to V8s only you will have a collector's item.

Of course it could be that they are collected every thursday and taken to the tip.....
Revelations 13:18
Here is wisdom.
Let him that hath understanding count the number of the BEAST:
for it is the number of a F6 Typhoon; and its number is 0217.
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 04:42   #5 (permalink)
Club Phantom

Gidday Doc,

I thought I read a post close to christmas where FPV wanted you to contact them regarding your clutch problems. I take it that didn't happen? or worse they couldn't fix it???

Either way not real flash
COUPEMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 14:06   #6 (permalink)
Tornado F6

MR DAVID FLINT,

The Tornado F6 I ordered some 6 months ago was on the production line on the 20-01-05 ….
Can you tell me where it is now please?
Can you tell me what clutch it will have in it?
Can you tell me if its KW will be as advertised or hobbled as is now? (Protecting the clutch are we?)
Can you tell me if I should just cancel my order now to save further embarrassment to myself and FORD.
Or should I just sue you after I take delivery?

I did read one of your posts when you explained with all your testing you’re people could not get a clutch to fail?
I would even go as far as saying that Ford knew about the clutch all along and still released the F6 to meet marketing targets and deadlines.

Lastly. How the hell are you ever going to release a GTHO when you cant keep a clutch in 6 cylinder???????????????????????

David I have 12 Ford Vehicles all under 3 years old and this whole fiasco is an embarrassment to everyone who owns a FORD not Just you and FPV.

David ……Please explain…………….before I make my final decision.

Signed.
Business owner looking for a new brand of Fleet vehicle with some credibility.

F6
2003 White RTV Ute
Tornado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 14:20   #7 (permalink)
Tornado F6

Also while I’m at it David,
Hypnodoc might not have wanted to RING you after your offer which I thought was very business like of you to offer, but I can assure you I would have taken you up on it at the time if it was I.

Then again You should be ringing Doc!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Was it is second FPV ?
Most likely his last?

I’m sure your PR people should have a plan to counter this embarrassing last few months although I feel the magazines have wiped their hands of FORD and FPV after this clutch episode and being blamed for flat shifting.

David I don’t recall Ford or FPV ringing me to explain the current faults or production delays and what they plan to do about it.. The only correspondence I’ve seen was an email in October 04 congratulating me on the first Tornado ordered in Australia.. Since then nothing.
Maybe that makes me the first Mug to order one in Australia to?

X - F6
2003 White RTV Ute
Old 01-21-2005, 14:31   #8 (permalink)
I am a Turbo Wanker

How come when HSV's power steering pumps failed (and still do) when they got hot on the track, that no one kicked up this much fuss? Whats the difference?

I think us Ford owners are winging bunch of skirts.
Old 01-21-2005, 14:50   #9 (permalink)
Tornado F6

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOOT
How come when HSV's power steering pumps failed (and still do) when they got hot on the track, that no one kicked up this much fuss? Whats the difference?

I think us Ford owners are winging bunch of skirts.
Well that we might be but of late with good cause one feels.
I could write list 5 pages long of faults with my other Ford vehicles but I live with those but this one is bad and worth a winge I feel.

I don’t think Ford will be to worried about a few winging individuals but they will be concerned with the damaged done by Motor and wheels magazines of late and I’d say irreparable damage that will take years before the jurno’s get that bad water off their chests.

Ford and FPV Need to fly the flag and show everyone what they plan to do about it so they don’t lose some of the older diehard ford owners to the dark side.
I must admit I do like the new LS2 Maloo and its looking better all the time sadly. ****kkkkkkkkking Good kick-ass 100 and 1/4 times with an Auto as well!!!!!
2003 White RTV Ute
Old 01-21-2005, 15:26   #10 (permalink)
I am a Turbo Wanker

I agree - If I payed the ute off fast enough I would trade it up in a second for a VZ HSV of anysort.
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo