what the hell is wrong with non-V8 Fords? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo Turbo Talks start here.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2003, 06:17   #1 (permalink)
blue blooded

what the hell is wrong with non-V8 Fords?

there are more V8ers here doing their bullying on here then there are XRT owners ...

this chapter of FF is a slaughter house ... very disappointing...

there are only a few XRTer's posts on here for the last week ...
one recent thread was closed ....
this thread will probably go the same way ...
and I'll be ex-communicated for heracy ...

xr6t ute (289rwkw and fast) & blown Mustang Cobra (347 rwkw and faster)
svtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-01-2003, 06:22   #2 (permalink)
Oxford Green AU

Yes, I think I can hear that padlock rattling down the hall right now.

Try to view it as some light hearted V8 vs T6 rivalry, we should be thankful that ford has provided us with two great performance engines, for 2 different types of people.

It's great to have the T6, it brings a new kind of person to the blue oval, for me, I'd rather have the V8 but the BFYB (bang for your buck) award definately goes to the Turbo 6.
Old 06-01-2003, 17:16   #3 (permalink)
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog

I have nothing against the XR-HAD-T. In todays world there is nothing wrong with alternative sexual persuasions.

Oh and for some people I should clarify:

- the term "x is for poofs" is a derivative of a favourite BSR saying used for such things as long hair, certain drinks, football, aussie rules, coil springs (when leafs will do of course), and so on

- HAD is a shortening of my trademark saying "Half-a-Dozen" as I am allergic to the term si..si..su.... oh dammit you know, a dozen divided by two

- I have owned many HAD vehicles including a VL turbo which is probably the fastest car I have ever had. My mates still called me a poof though!

- I have VERY thick skin. FPV, knowing of my allergy, managed to get my car through all the processes and give me the one build number I said I didn't want. They call it fate, I call it "sticking it up AP". And yes I laugh everytime I think about it

'General' Dog - AP's German Shepherd and Best Mate - 02Dec1998-15Dec2003.
'Pepper' Dog - General's and My Little German Shepherd Sweetie - 1996?-02Apr2006.

'Sako' Dog - My Beautiful and Pretty German Shepherd - 2001?-23Aug2006.
Aussie Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2003, 17:47   #4 (permalink)
blue blooded

AP ...

twelve hours and this thread is still open ...

hey guys .. we are all the same .... but different

Old 06-01-2003, 18:40   #5 (permalink)
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog

Quote:
Originally posted by svtang
hey guys .. we are all the same .... but different
True. Some are able to see the humor - others not

I will take on board some of the comments made by others as I agree that given we are on the internet some innocent and fun comments can appear to be otherwise. For the record XR-HAD-Ts are pretty cool machines - it's just they're missing two cylinders!

'General' Dog - AP's German Shepherd and Best Mate - 02Dec1998-15Dec2003.
'Pepper' Dog - General's and My Little German Shepherd Sweetie - 1996?-02Apr2006.

'Sako' Dog - My Beautiful and Pretty German Shepherd - 2001?-23Aug2006.
Aussie Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2003, 18:49   #6 (permalink)
Beastmaster

There is nothing wrong with the XR6T, it is a great car and with mods will go like the clappers. Most of the shit fights start with some goose (usually a 6 enthusiest but NOT always) rabbiting on with crap they :-
a) read in some quality/always accurate magazine.
b) are repeating from what they heard at the local "bogans'r'us" meeting.
c) made up just to get a bite.
d) believe in their own fantasy world (lightning bolt).

You notice that there are few nasty remarks when a fair dinkum XR6T event happens. e.g. dynosteves' kit or street tuna's upgrades.

It has always amused me that the only other time I have ever seen or heard so much emphasis on 400m times over all other driving qualities was some where recently......someone stated....
"I live my life a quarter mile at a time and for that 10 seconds or less I am free"
Revelations 13:18
Here is wisdom.
Let him that hath understanding count the number of the BEAST:
for it is the number of a F6 Typhoon; and its number is 0217.
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2003, 19:42   #7 (permalink)
***** Idiot....

The only reason that this post would get closed is if some idiot....yes i use that term loosely; since it is usually someone of less intelligence than an idiot, starts a slagging match on here spouting how their inferiority complex has reached new heights. This is not limited to or exclusive of the six bangers, 4 banger or 8 crowd. These members of society reside in each category. As others have stated things need to be taken with a grain of salt around here. Yes it is good that you are passionate about your ride, but isnt it the same blue blood that is coursing through our veins? But alas there will always be the little pecker syndrome people around that can not do anything but bash everything that is not like their own.

Now i have spoken my piece I will go and have some fun in my TwinScrew SC'ed V8. Ohh the fun ahead!
LunaticSVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2003, 20:07   #8 (permalink)
blue blooded

Quote:
Originally posted by LunaticSVT

Now i have spoken my piece I will go and have some fun in my TwinScrew SC'ed V8. Ohh the fun ahead!
guys, I'm doing the same ..... has anyone heard the Herrod exhaust on the Cobra? ....

and the XRT .... well .... an extra-ordinary piece of automobile from Ford ..

love them both

Old 06-01-2003, 20:57   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

Re: what the hell is wrong with non-V8 Fords?

Quote:
Originally posted by svtang
one recent thread was closed ....
this thread will probably go the same way ...
and I'll be ex-communicated for heracy ...
The thread referred to was closed because it would have led to a flame war.

Russ
russellw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2003, 21:31   #10 (permalink)
Zoomer

Quote:
Originally posted by Aussie Pete
I have nothing against the XR-HAD-T. In todays world there is nothing wrong with alternative sexual persuasions.

Oh and for some people I should clarify:

- the term "x is for poofs" is a derivative of a favourite BSR saying used for such things as long hair, certain drinks, football, aussie rules, coil springs (when leafs will do of course), and so on

- HAD is a shortening of my trademark saying "Half-a-Dozen" as I am allergic to the term si..si..su.... oh dammit you know, a dozen divided by two

- I have owned many HAD vehicles including a VL turbo which is probably the fastest car I have ever had. My mates still called me a poof though!

- I have VERY thick skin. FPV, knowing of my allergy, managed to get my car through all the processes and give me the one build number I said I didn't want. They call it fate, I call it "sticking it up AP". And yes I laugh everytime I think about it

Some times, ok, most times it does appear that if youre a moderator, you can taunt the XR6T owners and pass it off as humour and being thick skinned.

Shame the banter is canned when it goes the other way.

zoomer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo