What oil for 3000km service - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo Turbo Talks start here.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2005, 23:31   #1 (permalink)

What oil for 3000km service

Hey all.

Got my car booked in for its free 3000km service in bout a week. Wondering what oil + filter I should be using? Ford said it doesn't need an oil change until 12000km but stuff that. I 've heard many conflicting viewpoints like you should use mineral oil for the first couple oil changes or you should only ever use synthetic. If anyone has some knowledge on this topic let me know.

Cheers.
Advertisement

Old 06-19-2005, 23:33   #2 (permalink)

Re: What oil for 3000km service

Also, I have a BA XR8 snorkel so I can make up a second CAI intake on my airbox. Does anyone know if the ford boys care about this for warranty issues?
Old 06-20-2005, 00:06   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakXR6TUte
Hey all.

Got my car booked in for its free 3000km service in bout a week. Wondering what oil + filter I should be using? Ford said it doesn't need an oil change until 12000km but stuff that. I 've heard many conflicting viewpoints like you should use mineral oil for the first couple oil changes or you should only ever use synthetic. If anyone has some knowledge on this topic let me know.

Cheers.
If its still bedding in and you change away from mineral you will effectively halt the bed in process with synthetic. Save to drop the mineral at 7000Km for synthetic.

Cheers
Old 06-20-2005, 00:22   #4 (permalink)
The SB Slayer

Quote:
Also, I have a BA XR8 snorkel so I can make up a second CAI intake on my airbox. Does anyone know if the ford boys care about this for warranty issues?
Ring your dealer and make sure it is put down in writing if he agrees with the mod.

Introducing the Boss 290 powerplant
The Boss 290 combines the best of both worlds, with race-bred power and everyday comfort. The awe-inspiring Boss 290 is a powerplant unlike any ever built in this country and comes to life on Australia's only current V8 production line.
FPVGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005, 01:26   #5 (permalink)

Mineral has it's protective qualities but yeah, GT-P is fully correct. Save your drop for 7000+ for a synthetic oil switch.
Redline do great synthetics, but i have an affiliation with Castrol through my job, so that's what I used to run with absolutely beautiful results (very little wear)in my old VU SS. (yeah I'm a XRT convert too!)

Starting to sound like John Laws here....

Also...when i fitted my BOV my Ford guys said that they wouldn't replace the BOV, nor the adaptor manifold (turbosmart) and would not compensate for any problems that the BOV may have caused...ie....lean mixtures due to air leaks. Otherwise my warranty was safe.

Luckily, she's running like normal and I'm already over 50,000kms.
Old 06-22-2005, 03:35   #6 (permalink)

confused Re: What oil for 3000km service

Quote:
Originally Posted by F6_FPV
If its still bedding in and you change away from mineral you will effectively halt the bed in process with synthetic. Save to drop the mineral at 7000Km for synthetic.

Cheers
So you mean that I should wait till about 7000km before I put synthetic oil in the car?
Old 06-22-2005, 04:43   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
So you mean that I should wait till about 7000km before I put synthetic oil in the car?
Exactly

Cheers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo