Why is my car lacking high rpm grunt? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo Turbo Talks start here.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2005, 02:43   #1 (permalink)

Why is my car lacking high rpm grunt?

Hello . Iv got a cappa flash tuner with a turbosmart t piece boost controller and twin air intake plus centre muffler removed & bmcfilter.Standard injectors,standard fuel pump.Runin 13 psi cant hear it pinging very strong from 3000 to 4500 rpm but i think it lacks high rpm grunt but i cant feel my car surging or backfiring when over the 5900 rpm's.Is it cause i have standard injectors and fuel pump that is causing my problem or is this normal?
NightHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-01-2005, 03:10   #2 (permalink)
I am a Turbo Wanker

Re: Why is my car lacking high rpm grunt?

Well to tell you the truth - your crazy the standard injectors can not pump enough fuel into your motor at those boost levels. You are basically asking for a piston through the firewall with the standard injectors with that boost!!

I have 10spi and make 256rwkw at 4900rpm and above that it runs dangerously lean and could detontate. I need more fuel to make more power any higher than that. If your running 13psi then you nuts, or ignorant!

I would either get a more conservative tune (like I am) or purchase the necessart hardware to help maintain such boost levels. You'll need injectors, and definately valve springs. The surging is your valve springs bouncing under the increased load.

If its any consellation - my valve springs are on their limit now with only 10psi and thats above average.

Once you get enough fuel into the motor start thinking about a new exhaust and you'll make the same power with much less boost, and then you'll have to think about heat soak and less restrictive intake tract, but now your talking post 300rwkw. Many thousands to go past that. For your case, anouth $1500 ought to fix it all up.
Old 06-01-2005, 05:46   #3 (permalink)

Good response YOOT, its either that or hes left the handbrake on.
Rhubarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 12:33   #4 (permalink)

thanks mate but cant here any pinging or surging thats my point.I HAVE READ INJECTERS MAX OUT AT 250 RWKW COULD MY INJECTERS BE DRILLED OUT THANKS.
NightHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 02:04   #5 (permalink)
I am a Turbo Wanker

I'd say you need it custom tuned, thats the only way to be sure.
Old 06-02-2005, 07:16   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightHawk
thanks mate but cant here any pinging or surging thats my point.I HAVE READ INJECTERS MAX OUT AT 250 RWKW COULD MY INJECTERS BE DRILLED OUT THANKS.
Nizpro drill em out for around $600 (I think) which works really well. It might pay to give them a call.
Glen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo