Will F6 join Procar and kill off GT - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo Turbo Talks start here.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2004, 02:34   #1 (permalink)

Will F6 join Procar and kill off GT

I was pondering this question today and thought this could be the start of the end. Currently team GT are having trouble with the GT in Procar because of the weight compaired to other makes and compaired to the old TE50 so if they are true buissness men than they will in the end might have to bite the bullet and go to the F6 with lower weight better balance and more torque.
This is one reason i say they have done wrong with the F6 being released, the GT could end up being the buisness mans shopping trolly and the F6 the true track car and kill the GT legend forever.Team GT cant go on forever at the rear of the grid, its not good for ford and not good for sponsors.

Elmer Fudd
BOSSGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2004, 03:14   #2 (permalink)
When 2 T3s are not enough

Re: Will F6 join Procar and kill off GT

Very good points you made elmer,the F6 I think will be in another class, as for team GT going on with the GTs, I think so, Oran Pk will be the last run for the mighty TE50,after that the new 2nd Gt will be ready for the rest of the year, I will be at Oran Pk on the 18th with Team GT so I wll ask them........
Street machine Feb 2002
TE50T3 Remember the GTHO? well your getting close.
Motor mag Jan 2002

Wouldn't you love to say that about your car?You loosers
Noboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 04:12   #3 (permalink)

The F6 will go in the same class as it is sold as a performance model compaired to the XR6 Turbo thats in APCC. same as ss commodores and xr8'S are in APCC and GTS and GT's are in GT Performance anyway im sure well see next year as someone has got to enter one.

Elmer Fudd
Old 04-01-2004, 04:48   #4 (permalink)
Can't wait for Winton...

It would certainly be worth looking at, I think the main problem they have is front-end weight (balance & turn-in) rather than overall weight as they are getting good power from the motor. They were investigating the possibility of using an alloy block, but I don't know what became of that if anything.
outback_ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 17:02   #5 (permalink)
Now With 9 inch LSD Diff

wouldn't they have a bit of an advantage with using the gt as they can do mods to make more power, where with the f6 they would be limited under the rules to a certain psi maximum on the turbo????
all4ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 20:31   #6 (permalink)
2nd car....XR6turbo

No matter what, they will all be limited if on car is crushing the field. I think Team GT should become Team Typhoon. But thats just what i think!
Old 04-01-2004, 21:27   #7 (permalink)
The SB Slayer

Don't underestimate the potential of the BOSS.The motor and most of the running gear in the Team GT car was from the old test mule that Ford done all it's testing on for the BOSS motor.The car needs some major attention.I went for a spin in that car and i can honestly say my BA GT when harder.
FPVGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 11:09   #8 (permalink)
In a blue Galaxy

I'm beginning to like the F6 more and more everyday. I love my V8, but I can't say that I am a true V8 man. I would get another engines car as long as it's a Ford Falcon, and goes HEAPS harder, and weighed less. It would really take something special, and special is what the F6 Typhoon I'm betting.
O.F.R #12
1999 AU XR8
14.594 @ 94.40mph
152.2RWKW (APS dyno)
Switchable Shift Kit, K&N panel filter, Lukey straight thru mufflers, momo gear and steer,
DBA slotted rotors/Bendix ultimate pads (front), Pioneer MP3 head unit and BA XR carpet mats.

Member of the Society Against Stupid SMS Language
Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 18:56   #9 (permalink)
You can do eeeit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by all4ford
wouldn't they have a bit of an advantage with using the gt as they can do mods to make more power, where with the f6 they would be limited under the rules to a certain psi maximum on the turbo????
Correct, there is a limitation on the maximum psi that can be used. Having said that it didn't stop one of the XR6T's from pulling up alongside the Team GT's BA down Conrod Straight during practice session at the Bathurst 24 hour last year.

I'd go an each way bet, have one GT and one F6.

3FB - The Official Site for cruising, eating and talking shite click here.

Member of the FPV-Tickford Club of NSW

3FB Mesh Bandit #2: 2002 AUIII XR6 HP _Oo===oO_
Dark_Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 22:59   #10 (permalink)

The difference in boost pressure from XR6T and the new F6 is Where the boost pressure on the XR6T becomes less as engine and road speed increases the new F6 will maintain this constant at 5 PSI as we have done with our race car per procar regs so as its realeased it will run in GT production. The difference being that the F6 will be allowed to run Brembo brakes as well and probably 9inch rims as the GT and HSV's are running.

Elmer Fudd
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo