Would you buy a Typhoon (or similarly priced car) from a young salesman? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo Turbo Talks start here.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2005, 03:55   #1 (permalink)

Would you buy a Typhoon (or similarly priced car) from a young salesman?

I'm looking at getting into car sales, and while I know I wont start out selling the top of the line models, I plan on moving my way up pretty quickly in the business.

So, if you were dealing with a salesman under the age of 25, would the age affect your decision? All other aspects of the salesman aside.
Falcon-DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-09-2005, 04:05   #2 (permalink)

Re: Would you buy a Typhoon (or similarly priced car) from a young salesman?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon-DT
I'm looking at getting into car sales, and while I know I wont start out selling the top of the line models, I plan on moving my way up pretty quickly in the business.

So, if you were dealing with a salesman under the age of 25, would the age affect your decision? All other aspects of the salesman aside.
not at all... What it comes down to it customer service, attitude and FOLLOWING UP what you have said to your customers. Being patient with them when they harrase you for there new pride and joy afterall they are the ones who have spewed out a heap of money to by there dream.

Prolly one of the most important ones to remember is you CAN NEVER DO TO MUCH to make your cliental happy.. Thats the difference between them giving you there friends business and there family business time and time again.

Thats just my opinion.
Xtreme F6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 04:17   #3 (permalink)
MYF6

Quote:

Age has nothing to do with it. 70% of the sale process when buying my F6 was from a trainee sales person 22yrs old. He was enthusiastic, attentive and had better FPV product knowledge than the guy who he 'had' to pass me on to.
Old 02-09-2005, 04:34   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYF6
and had better FPV product knowledge than the guy who he 'had' to pass me on to.

How did i miss that.. YOU MUST have a GOOD KNOWLEDGE of the PRODUCT!
Xtreme F6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 06:33   #5 (permalink)

mate go for it- i've been selling trucks since i was 18 (now 25) and you think you would have a problem with cars?? try being 18 and trying to explain something to a truckie who's been in the game all his life while he's staring at you wondering if you have any idea what you are talikng about, when he's looking at spending 300k on a new truck.....

have a really, really, really thick skin mate- 99% of the issues you will face are beyond your control (but they are still your fault). you will make alright money selling cars, but it's hard work.......

pick your dealership- one with a good reputation, and don't take everything to heart......
jimt3te50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 14:26   #6 (permalink)
Falcon AU XR8

Be honost and don't lie to the customer.!!!!! And remember that they'll hang off every word u say to try and catch u out.
Don't be pushy and remeber all the car stats ie/ power, torque etc etc, theres nothing worse than a salesman not knowing his shit and quoteing the wrong figures.
Age don't mean shit. Just be yourself and nothing will go wrong..
ivorya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 15:47   #7 (permalink)
RACE

Great advise from all. Be a good listener and most important of all tell the truth, it will do wonders for your credibility.
Old 02-09-2005, 15:52   #8 (permalink)
Beastmaster

Quote:

Only if she had big boobs ...
Revelations 13:18
Here is wisdom.
Let him that hath understanding count the number of the BEAST:
for it is the number of a F6 Typhoon; and its number is 0217.
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 23:38   #9 (permalink)
Mid-life crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
Only if she had big boobs ...
You Tart!!
fpv f6t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 23:45   #10 (permalink)
Mid-life crisis

Quote:

Like others have said. Age is totally inconsequential. I did fork over my hard earned for an F6 to a young, dynamic and well informed sales rep.
I couldn't have asked for better service. (Most) customers want information, don't wanted be treated like fools nor be served by one and expect sales staff to deliver what they promise.... (in regard to returning calls particularly).
Do that and the cars will sell... and no doubt you'll move just as quickly.
fpv f6t is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo