XR Luxury Pack - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo Turbo Talks start here.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2004, 08:25   #1 (permalink)
I love eating chicken

Arrow XR Luxury Pack

Hi all,

After conducting many searches to find out exactly is contained in the 'Luxury Pack' available on XR's, I come up with so many different answers.

Has anyone out there got the Luxury Pack....or knows exactly what it consists of?

I'd love to see the complete list....!

Thanks in advance,

The Big Chook.
ChickenMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-09-2004, 08:45   #2 (permalink)
FF Town Mayor

Re: XR Luxury Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickenMan
Hi all,

After conducting many searches to find out exactly is contained in the 'Luxury Pack' available on XR's, I come up with so many different answers.

Has anyone out there got the Luxury Pack....or knows exactly what it consists of?

I'd love to see the complete list....!

Thanks in advance,

The Big Chook.
Hello Big Chook. Here is a link that may help you, but I am not sure if it is a complete list or not.... It is basically the Fairmont Ghia interior package, so if you take a look at that, it should be the same. http://www.autoweb.com.au/cms/A_100850/newsarticle.html

There is also a thread on this site where a guy has ordered his with the package and has some kind of list - will try and find it and copy it in the next post.
Extractors
2.5 inch cat
2.5 inch exhaust
Air intake conversion/pod
Performance plugs
170.0rwkw
14.80 @ 95.33 mph

Founder MTAS (Manual Transmission Appreciation Society)
Founder Society Against Stupid SMS Language
O.F.R. # 138
XRchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2004, 08:48   #3 (permalink)
I love eating chicken

Thanks XRchic....hope all's well over there in Adelaide!
Old 04-09-2004, 08:59   #4 (permalink)
FF Town Mayor

Quote:
Thanks XRchic....hope all's well over there in Adelaide!
Hey. Yeah, well as a production city of Holden and Mitz, how good can it be??? He he.

Here is the link to the thread - I think the guy who has bought it has a list, from what he is saying, so it might be a good idea to get on that thread and ask him....What do you pay in insurance for you BA XR6 NA and T?
Extractors
2.5 inch cat
2.5 inch exhaust
Performance plugs
170.0rwkw
14.80 @ 95.33 mph

O.F.R. # 138
Old 04-09-2004, 09:09   #5 (permalink)
I love eating chicken

Thanks....the first link you put up seemed to have all the important stuff anyway. I've gotten quotes on a fully optioned XR6 and I was wondering if there is any saving with the Luxury Pack.

Turns out that you end up paying for $4,297 for the included options individually, without the dual zone climate control. The Autoweb link says that the Luxury Pack costs $5,495 on an XR6 and $4,595 on an XR8.

I've heard a few mentions on the forum that it costs $4,500, wouldn't mind confirmation if anyone can help.

Always good to be well informed before heading back to the dealer.
Old 04-09-2004, 09:49   #6 (permalink)
FF Town Mayor

Quote:
Thanks....the first link you put up seemed to have all the important stuff anyway. I've gotten quotes on a fully optioned XR6 and I was wondering if there is any saving with the Luxury Pack.

Turns out that you end up paying for $4,297 for the included options individually, without the dual zone climate control. The Autoweb link says that the Luxury Pack costs $5,495 on an XR6 and $4,595 on an XR8.

I've heard a few mentions on the forum that it costs $4,500, wouldn't mind confirmation if anyone can help.

Always good to be well informed before heading back to the dealer.
Well, ChickenMan, I've had a bit of a look around for current prices, and as yet Ford don't have anything (but the Ford site is useless) and the only thing I have is that link I sent before. I think they guy who bought his with the package on that other thread would know, since he paid for it....

I think the $4500 was a rough estimate though.... the prices above sound about right....it is probably not a bad deal since the climate control would be a pretty pricey option if you could option that alone...

I think you will find that the XR6 is the pricier package because it does not come with traction control and rear electric windows standard anyway. With the Turbo and the XR8, you get rear electric windows and traction control standard, so that is why the price for the luxury package is lower - they are not gonna charge you twice... so it makes the T look like pretty good value with the package....

There is a member of this site called RATT - he is pretty knowledgeable about prices and options coz of his line of work - if he is around, he will surely be able to fill you in....

Also, you probably know, the centre console will look like the Fairmont Ghia as opposed to the XR regular console.... If you go look at the pic of the Fairmont console on the Ford site, that is what you will get with the luxury package - courtesy of climate control....

Sorry couldn't help more, but if you find out an exact list and price, you could post it so all of us dumb buggers can know too! He he.
Extractors
2.5 inch cat
2.5 inch exhaust
Performance plugs
170.0rwkw
14.80 @ 95.33 mph

O.F.R. # 138
Old 04-09-2004, 10:28   #7 (permalink)
FF Town Mayor

ChickenMan, this is a press release from Ford, fairly recent I think - at least the prices should be fairly accurate... http://www.ford.com.au/inside_ford/p...ile=foa297.htm
Extractors
2.5 inch cat
2.5 inch exhaust
Performance plugs
170.0rwkw
14.80 @ 95.33 mph

O.F.R. # 138
Old 04-09-2004, 22:31   #8 (permalink)
I love eating chicken

I eventually found the info on the Ford site:

http://ford.com.au/falcon/XRLuxuryInteriorPack.htm

Turns the XR6 into a nice bloody nice luxury sports sedan.

I stopped by a dealer today and he reckons the Luxury Pack is about $5,600 for the XR6, less for the T and 8 for the reasons mentioned by XRchic.

So, for those who were curious, the Luxury Pack for the XR6 at $5,495 (although priced on the Ford site at $1....is that legally binding, I wonder?) gives you:

Sports Leather Seats - $2,495 serarately

Premium Audio with the nice colour TFT Screen - $985 separately

Rear Power Windows - $430 separately

Traction Control - $470 separately

Auto-on/off headlamps - no price quoted

Dual Zone Climate Control - no price quoted

Fairmont Ghia Analogue Clock - no price quoted

Total for options listed above - $4,330

So the Dual Zone Climate Control, Analogue Clock and Auto-on/off headlamps come in at a grand total of $1,165.

Oh, bugger it.....it's probably worth it.

My order will be as follows:

XR6 Blueprint with Luxury Package, DVD Satellite Navigation, Sunroof and 18" rims.

Thanks for your help XRchic, and I hope the info here is of use to others.

Catch ya again,

The Big Chook.
Old 04-09-2004, 23:21   #9 (permalink)
FF Town Mayor

Quote:
I eventually found the info on the Ford site:

http://ford.com.au/falcon/XRLuxuryInteriorPack.htm

Turns the XR6 into a nice bloody nice luxury sports sedan.

I stopped by a dealer today and he reckons the Luxury Pack is about $5,600 for the XR6, less for the T and 8 for the reasons mentioned by XRchic.

So, for those who were curious, the Luxury Pack for the XR6 at $5,495 (although priced on the Ford site at $1....is that legally binding, I wonder?) gives you:

Sports Leather Seats - $2,495 serarately

Premium Audio with the nice colour TFT Screen - $985 separately

Rear Power Windows - $430 separately

Traction Control - $470 separately

Auto-on/off headlamps - no price quoted

Dual Zone Climate Control - no price quoted

Fairmont Ghia Analogue Clock - no price quoted

Total for options listed above - $4,330

So the Dual Zone Climate Control, Analogue Clock and Auto-on/off headlamps come in at a grand total of $1,165.

Oh, bugger it.....it's probably worth it.

My order will be as follows:

XR6 Blueprint with Luxury Package, DVD Satellite Navigation, Sunroof and 18" rims.

Thanks for your help XRchic, and I hope the info here is of use to others.

Catch ya again,

The Big Chook.
No worries Big Chook...but but but.... I have to say something about your impending sat nav system. I take it you will get the Ford sat nav? Well, I have something that you might wanna consider. At the Motor Show the other day I looked at the VDO version. I got the brochure and everything. All in all, the VDO system seems to be a lot better and is CHEAPER than the Ford option....

OK. If you are getting premium audio and thus have the colour screen, then they will use that screen (ie, you don't have to pay for an additional screen). You also get a remote control which is very easy to use, as opposed to fiddling around with the screen and console (I have tried both). Also with the Ford version, it has a blockout - you cannot enter in details into the sat nav while the car is in motion - so even a passenger can't use it while it is in motion - you have to pull over. The VDO system does not have this - your passenger can use the whole thing with a remote control (using the infra red site that is already above the colour screen standard) while you are driving. Apparently this has been a big issue and would be for me.

I remember there being a whole lot of other features the VDO sat nav had too, that the regular Ford option didn't but I can't remember them all. I have to say, having used both - the VDO system was pretty impressive, and like I said, if you have a colour screen already, it is cheaper. Might pay to get on the VDO website and check it out - might be worthwhile....

Oh, the VDO system, you can use a split screen, and I am not sure if you can do this on the Ford one.

If anyone else has more knowledge of this stuff, it might be good to know. There may be a technical thread on this stuff somewhere too.

Hope this helps!
Extractors
2.5 inch cat
2.5 inch exhaust
Performance plugs
170.0rwkw
14.80 @ 95.33 mph

O.F.R. # 138
Old 04-10-2004, 04:19   #10 (permalink)
I love eating chicken

Just when I thought I had made a decision.....! :-)

I had a look at the VDO Dayton models, which are quite similar to the Denso range (used by Ford).

http://www.denso.com.au/satnav_main.htm

I recently received some pics of the Denso model fitted snugly into the BA , kindly supplied by Joker on the forum.

There appears to be a split screen in this one, and I think it's only certain functions that are unavailable whilst driving....probably not a bad thing really.

Anyway, I will need to get everything done prior to taking delivery, so I have to make do with the factory option supplied.

Thanks XRchic.

Jokers pics are attached below:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 105-0531_IMG.JPG (97.1 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg 105-0525_IMG.JPG (64.6 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg 105-0526_IMG.JPG (49.3 KB, 22 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo