XR6 Turbo's taking to long to deliver.. - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo Turbo Talks start here.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2002, 08:03   #1 (permalink)
OLD SKOOL

XR6 Turbo's taking to long to deliver..

My Brother ordered his XR6 Turbo yesterday with a phantom colour. The disapointing part is, he will get his car late december. Many people just cant be bothered to waiting for that long, so instead they will get a car that they could get a hand on quick. Like my brother, i guess many people are waiting to get their XR6 Turbo's. I reckon this is not a good sign for Ford. Why is taking soo long? Is their too much orderes, or they just being lazy? Since my bro loved the car soo much, he is willing to wait for that long or else he would of got a 200sx. By the way, does the XR6T come with the 18'rims or are they optional?
PERVERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-07-2002, 08:23   #2 (permalink)
Bring Back the 24hr!!!

At the moment ford are doing limited monthly production numbers of XR6 Turbos. I am not sure why this is, I have read that it may just happen until the release of the XR8, but I do not know for sure. The ford production line is flat out at the moment, i don't think they are being lazy.

The 18 inch rims are an option on all the XR models, XR6 Turbo included.
Donut King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2002, 14:25   #3 (permalink)

Lazy!
They are in the game to make money, there not going to sit on there bloody ass after spending hell and earth to get the thing right.
Old 11-07-2002, 14:59   #4 (permalink)
Formerly lowercase :-)

Re: XR6 Turbo's taking to long to deliver..

Quote:
Originally posted by PERVERT
Many people just cant be bothered to waiting for that long, so instead they will get a car that they could get a hand on quick.
I tend not to agree with that statement. We now all know that the XR6 Turbo is the best thing since sliced bread, is winning every award it can and is the victor in every review its been in. It has the best bang for buck of any car on the market and I cant see why you would simply accept a second rate alternative because you didn't want to wait one month....yes, 4 weeks! Thats not long to wait.

I have heard plenty of stories about VT/VX SS shortages and extended waits in the past so people will be prepared to wait. The car is new, the assembly line is working flat chat to meet demand....all is going well. Good things come to those who wait. And I tell you, it will be worth it in the end and he will quickly forget the 4 week wait the minute he fires up the blown 6-pack for the first time.
MintEAFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2002, 15:06   #5 (permalink)
Nacho Nacho Man!

Good things come to those who [are forced by limited production capacity to] wait.
Old 11-07-2002, 15:42   #6 (permalink)
BA at last

A dealer told me 3 weeks ago I'd be looking at February.
December sounds bloody brilliant now.
Superoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2002, 15:51   #7 (permalink)
Kodak Moment

Re: XR6 Turbo's taking to long to deliver..

Quote:
Originally posted by PERVERT
My Brother ordered his XR6 Turbo yesterday with a phantom colour. The disapointing part is, he will get his car late december. Many people just cant be bothered to waiting for that long, so instead they will get a car that they could get a hand on quick. Like my brother, i guess many people are waiting to get their XR6 Turbo's. I reckon this is not a good sign for Ford. Why is taking soo long? Is their too much orderes, or they just being lazy? Since my bro loved the car soo much, he is willing to wait for that long or else he would of got a 200sx. By the way, does the XR6T come with the 18'rims or are they optional?
Some Mercedes-Benz models take up to 4 mths, and in severe cases, like my dad's car 8 mths, but that does not stop people from buying them. Why, because they're great cars and so is the XR6T. If people like my old man are prepared to wait the best part of 1 year for a car they want, I don't see how waiting 1 mth is going to stop people who want XR6Ts from buying them.
marine1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2002, 21:49   #8 (permalink)
Just give me an excuse...

i ordered a XT and have no word on its delievery as yet...hmmm
Old 11-07-2002, 22:18   #9 (permalink)

XR6 turbo delays

The reason for the delays is that they have not been able to pass the demanding 300hour engine dyno durability test. They are close but they havn't got it just yet, hopefully they should have the problem resolved soon and the XR6t's will be in full production.
ca18det TRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2002, 22:31   #10 (permalink)

When we go back to work on Monday we will be building as many XR6 turbo's as we can. There are capacity limitations on the number we can build per day but we will get as many as we can. The thread about the 300 hour test is rubbish. the reality is that we are holding over 600 retail orders for turbos...remember we were only doing around 300 XR's per month in total prior to BA so we are inundated with demand. Not ideal but that is the price of success.
Geoff Polites is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo