Ford Forums banner

xr6 vs xr6t in fuel consumption

4K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  svtang 
#1 ·
yo guys dis is my first post ere
i read in the wheels mag dat the fuel consumption for xr6 is 12 per 100 kms n 12.5 per 100 kms for the turbo.....in city areas have my doubts cozz turblo chew up a hell lot of fuel aye.
wat do u guys think is .5 litre of fuel the only diffrence?

#2 ·
i dont think they get there fuel consumption tests right i have done 850klm's in my xr8 ute i get 20.0 per 100 klm's the NRMA Road Test said i would get 14.5 per 100klm's,but i love it i dont care how much it uses only my wife does she says premium 98 ron is to expinsive ,woman they just dont understand...

#4 ·
before i bought mine...they said that if i drive 'sensibly' and slowly then 11.5per 100kms is possible but so far i havent gotton below 14 per 100kms in my turbo...thats running on 98 ron optimax...altho to and from work i hav a bit of fun in her ofcourse haha

#5 ·
Venom XR Turbo said:
before i bought mine...they said that if i drive 'sensibly' and slowly then 11.5per 100kms is possible but so far i havent gotton below 14 per 100kms in my turbo...thats running on 98 ron optimax...altho to and from work i hav a bit of fun in her ofcourse haha
That's the thing, people who buy XR's don't want to drive around with a feather light touch on the accelerator. And fair enough too, it's why you buy a XR instead of an XT/Futura

#6 ·
Welcome to the board...but please talk english

Not sure about the Turbo, but my brother-in-law's n/a with nearly 5000kms is averaging around 12.5 at the moment with a reasonable amount of peak hour traffic

#8 ·
I have a 6 week old XR6T with about 4000k's . Running on Mobil premium it has averaged 12.2l per 100km over that period- country & town driving. Highway ( or wife driving...) usage is a reasonable 11.6l per 100km. Fanging around town or the twisty bits drops it back a bit but hey.. thats what its all about! My previous 5.7l Holden averaged about 12.6l/100k over its life of 140,000km country driving so I've no complaints- the Fords quicker & a better drive overall too!

#9 ·
XRT driven hard will drink like a fish ... power=fuel

no sense driving for ultimate performance in an XRT ... but sensible spirited driving will take you past 15L/100km easy ... I do 16L/100km but that is mountain driving with average speed of 45km/hr

cheers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.