XR6T ECU Advice - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo Turbo Talks start here.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2006, 15:55   #1 (permalink)
XR6T

XR6T ECU Advice

Hi All,
Ive just booked the car in to powerchip to have a $690 ecu program installed. They told me if I use 98 octane fuel in the car 90% of the time they can increase kw to 300 at the fly (0-100 in 5.5) and 560 nm torque running at 10psi boost.

Can anyone let me know if they have done the same to a completely stock BA Turbo with Auto or will the 10 psi increase produce a 'BANG' at some point in the future?

Thanks
XRBendigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-06-2006, 17:23   #2 (permalink)
Unregistered

Re: XR6T ECU Advice

A shift kit will help the auto as it will reduce the clutches and bands burining up.
The standard auto *should* be ok, but there are no guaranatees
Old 02-06-2006, 22:32   #3 (permalink)

Your are absolutly wasting your money buying a powerchip...... If you want a proper tune go the "flash Edit" Contact Cappa for more infomation....

I am not going to get into it now (to bussy), but powerchip is a crap way to waste your money.......
Old 02-06-2006, 22:35   #4 (permalink)
Experienced Ford Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabba
Your are absolutly wasting your money buying a powerchip...... If you want a proper tune go the "flash Edit" Contact Cappa for more infomation....

I am not going to get into it now (to bussy), but powerchip is a crap way to waste your money.......
Agreed.
bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 01:11   #5 (permalink)
XR6T

biggrin Re: XR6T ECU Advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabba

Thanks for the advice guys but can you explain why a powerchip edit is such a waste of money in contrast to the million other edits available?

I have found that their are so many edits that all seem to offer similar outcomes and when I'm not planning to race every car that pulls up beside me or do any further modification I don't see how in real terms you can tell the difference between them. Anyway In general aren't all edits structured within similar parameters?
Old 02-07-2006, 02:53   #6 (permalink)

first of all, you can not flash back the original factory tune when you go for a service or warranty repair. Big deal, you say.... Yes it is a big deal. Why... for one if Ford updates your ECU with some new software (and they will) you will lose the edit the you had in it at the time, also if Ford relize that it has been Edited you will lose you engine and drive train warranty(that what is great about the Flasher, you can swap back to the Ford tune yourself in 3 mins). Also with the Flasher Edit you can swap between 3 custom tunes of your driving style (I.E.towing, medium perforfance, high performance). With Powerchip if you lose your Edit due to fords reflash, then you have to go back to Powerchip to get your Edit back. And you can only have one tune.....
Old 02-07-2006, 03:57   #7 (permalink)

powerchip still sell that stuff for the fords...... wow...... take the advice thats being given mate, there is only ONE real edit in the country at this stage... and its not powerchip..........
Xtreme F6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 04:52   #8 (permalink)

^^^^^^^take the word of the best T6/F6 tuner in the country^^^^^^^^
Old 02-08-2006, 01:19   #9 (permalink)
XR6T

Thanks for the info guys it is appreciated. A bit late though as I had the edit done after work this arvo before reading any further posts. My factory warranty is over anyway so any concerns about that isn't an issue.

I must agree that the edit has limitations however it is totally suited to what my needs are and for only $621 and an hour behind the wheel I am happy with my choice .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo