XR6T has arrived, and gone again (BUGGER!) - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo Turbo Talks start here.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2004, 23:34   #1 (permalink)
Go you good thing

mad XR6T has arrived, and gone again (BUGGER!)

Hello all.

Took delivery of the new XR6T on Wednesday at 5pm, magnificent.

Limped to the dealer at 3pm Thursday with a very sick car.

I had put close to 150km on it during the 20 hours I had it and about 3km from home (before setting off on the Easter break), it got very sick very quickly whilst moving away from a set of lights (slowly due to traffic nightmares).

Engine extremely lumpy, idle at 1500rpm, revs all over the place when trying to drive, virtually no brakes (nil vaccuum), barely made it home, immediately towed to the dealer.

Intial analysis is that the solenoid that controls the variable valve timing had stuck, car no go.

Owner (me) extremely pissed off with a dead car not even 24 hours old. A $50k (with the options that I had) pile of crud and no car over the Easter break.

Anybody heard of this happening and what else can I expect to happen like this over it's lifetime.

Not happy Jan!!
ymmlxrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-12-2004, 01:17   #2 (permalink)
FF Town Mayor

Re: XR6T has arrived, and gone again (BUGGER!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ymmlxrman
Hello all.

I had put close to 150km on it during the 20 hours I had it and about 3km from home (before setting off on the Easter break), it got very sick very quickly whilst moving away from a set of lights (slowly due to traffic nightmares).

Engine extremely lumpy, idle at 1500rpm, revs all over the place when trying to drive, virtually no brakes (nil vaccuum), barely made it home, immediately towed to the dealer.

Intial analysis is that the solenoid that controls the variable valve timing had stuck, car no go.

Owner (me) extremely pissed off with a dead car not even 24 hours old. A $50k (with the options that I had) pile of crud and no car over the Easter break.

Anybody heard of this happening and what else can I expect to happen like this over it's lifetime.

Not happy Jan!!
Congrats on the new car, but it is shocking to hear what happened with it - HOW BAD IS THAT? All that emotion, waiting for it, taking delivery and THAT happens? I have not heard of anything like that happening but I guess shit happens sometimes! Hopefully some of the guys on here can help ya.

I really hope they can fix it all for you and that it is not off the road too long - and that you can finally get to enjoy it! My heart has gone out to you! Best of luck dude!
Extractors
2.5 inch cat
2.5 inch exhaust
Air intake conversion/pod
Performance plugs
170.0rwkw
14.80 @ 95.33 mph

Founder MTAS (Manual Transmission Appreciation Society)
Founder Society Against Stupid SMS Language
O.F.R. # 138
XRchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 01:29   #3 (permalink)
Falcontastic.

Sorry to hear mate,I hope it get's sorted out and quick for you, did the dealer even offer you a courtesy car,I would hope they did.
Laser a maser.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 02:50   #4 (permalink)
Go you good thing

Yep.

Have spare car (1.8L small car) until tomorrow AM. Was more than a bit interesting getting wife and kids and all the crap you need for four days away into something that size.

Don't quite know what i'll do after that as I need the vehicle for work and I have sold my old one (EF Futura Wagon).

To say that i'm just a little bit worried about what else is going to happen is an understatement.
Old 04-12-2004, 03:50   #5 (permalink)
Falcontastic.

As long as your dealer is looking after you and they get it all sorted, thing's will be ok, try not to let it put a damper on your new toy, it might be a one off thing, these thing's do happen.
Laser a maser.
Old 04-12-2004, 04:29   #6 (permalink)
Go you good thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxy xr8
As long as your dealer is looking after you and they get it all sorted, thing's will be ok, try not to let it put a damper on your new toy, it might be a one off thing, these thing's do happen.

The worst part?

The look of awe from the Holden drivers in the street when it arrived, followed by the applause from the same as it left on a flat-top the next day.

F@*$@(*$%(@*$^%@*$&% It!!

Go MARCUS!!! (and every other Blue Oval pilot).

God please deliver me my car back, I miss it.
Old 04-12-2004, 05:07   #7 (permalink)
Falcontastic.

Quote:
The worst part?

The look of awe from the Holden drivers in the street when it arrived, followed by the applause from the same as it left on a flat-top the next day.

F@*$@(*$%(@*$^%@*$&% It!!

Go MARCUS!!! (and every other Blue Oval pilot).

God please deliver me my car back, I miss it.
That sound's very unfourtunate for you, don't worry mate they will have their day.
Laser a maser.
Old 04-12-2004, 05:21   #8 (permalink)
FF Town Mayor

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxy xr8
That sound's very unfourtunate for you, don't worry mate they will have their day.
That is my worst nightmare!!!! Stil, as galaxy xr8 says, you will have your day! They are Holden drivers - who cares what they think, huh? Just think of their tyres slowly wearing out on the sides, their oil being guzzled at the rate of 1 L per 1000km, their chassis bending when they towe something, their power steering pumps leaking and best of all - just look at the fugly VY Magnadore back end - ugly as the north end of a southbound cow!!!!

And yes, remember, we have Marcos, Rusty, Craig, Glen etc, etc, etc.... and they got a whiney bugger with a big schnozz whose only friends are walls and barriers off the sides of race tracks! (Wasn't that a great wet weather drive from Craig!!!)...

Good luck though, just hope that this is just a once of problem and it will be back home safe and sound soon! Better off to maybe have one problem and get it sorted and out the way!
Extractors
2.5 inch cat
2.5 inch exhaust
Air intake conversion/pod
Performance plugs
170.0rwkw
14.80 @ 95.33 mph

Founder MTAS (Manual Transmission Appreciation Society)
Founder Society Against Stupid SMS Language
O.F.R. # 138
XRchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 05:31   #9 (permalink)
In Pursuit of excellence

Quote:
Hello all.

Not happy Jan!!
Sorry to hear the unfortunate news mate.
A friend of mine has a BA XLS 6 cyl ute and had a simmilar prob.
The dealer thought it was the cam phasers for the vct, but it ended up being a computer problem, they replaced the computer and it is as good as gold now.
You gotta be pi$$ed off with it happening over the easter break tho.
BA Pursuit, Blueprint,Silver stripes, Prestige sound, Leather, Sports s/wheel
cams290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 06:26   #10 (permalink)

Dont worry too much, sure the timing was crfap but this is not something that will happen with your car every day. I think you will find that most of the XR6T owners here will agree that they have had little or no probs. Good luck!
ps- which dealer did you buy it from? Are they looking after you properly? I ask this because myself and another owner purchased our cars from the same place and have noticed a big drop off in their service of late.
demo king is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo