XR6T Mod results - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
¬Ľ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo Turbo Talks start here.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2005, 00:15   #1 (permalink)
Weapon of HSV Destruction

XR6T Mod results

Just some info if anyones interested. I've been testing my XR6T ute on the dyno as i've been doing small cost effective mods on her. Its just had is 15000km service.

Stock as a rock- 195.1 RWKW

Added an SS induction and a K+N pod filter ($515)- 201.8 RWKW

Removed Centre muffler, replaced with normal pipe ($110)- 208.9 RWKW

Coming on wednesday arvo- CAPA Flash tuner with custom tune. Keep you posted!

Cheers,
Dannopower

288rwkw
Go You Good Thing!!
Dannopower is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-28-2005, 00:51   #2 (permalink)

Re: XR6T Mod results

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannopower
Just some info if anyones interested. I've been testing my XR6T ute on the dyno as i've been doing small cost effective mods on her. Its just had is 15000km service.

Stock as a rock- 195.1 RWKW

Added an SS induction and a K+N pod filter ($515)- 201.8 RWKW

Removed Centre muffler, replaced with normal pipe ($110)- 208.9 RWKW

Coming on wednesday arvo- CAPA Flash tuner with custom tune. Keep you posted!

Cheers,
Dannopower
lol danno your power with the flasher will goto 260 where it will run out of injector. Good move on the CAPA tuner mate
Xtreme F6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 17:35   #3 (permalink)
Turbotuff

how hard was it to install the ss inductions and kn pod filter. also isnt a panel filter better thats wat i was told thats why i bought the kn panel filter. and with those mods and no ecu mods wont the car run to lean?
Old 02-28-2005, 17:36   #4 (permalink)
Turbotuff

oh were and how much did the dyno runs cost
Old 02-28-2005, 18:18   #5 (permalink)

Sorry, wrong info!!

It was a K+N Panel Filter, Not a Pod like i said before.

The SS induction was installed by myself. I make furniture for a living so a little detail work doesnt bother me at all. I even replaced the standard foam seal with a rubber seal where they join together, and siliconed the new cutout into the airbox for a better than standard seal. The pieces didnt actually fit together as well as they should so i made them fit! Im a bit fussy with stuff like that! It took me a good 2 hrs.

As far as running to lean, no way. Its quite the opposite. The factory program runs really rich as the RPM gets higher, wasting a lot of fuel. With the air flow mods i have, it helps use the air fuel mix a little better but its still way too rich. The mods i have will really help me out when the edit is installed, in fact a 10.5psi map will actually be more economical on fuel than the standard car under normal driving conditions.

But with 350 rwhp, who drives under normal conditions!!!

The work is being done by Jakes Performance in Mitchell. He has the software to custom tune edits (as of about 2 weeks ago!)

I cant tell you how much it costs as i havent paid for it yet!

288rwkw
Go You Good Thing!!
Old 02-28-2005, 19:10   #6 (permalink)
Turbotuff

ok kool. thats an awesome gain over stock without spending alot of money. i was told that i wouldnt be able to ge tmor ethan 5rwks without a chip or edit but 13.8 gain at the rears is pretty damn good i think anyway what does that work out to be at the engine. would be around the 260kw mark?
Old 02-28-2005, 19:18   #7 (permalink)

mate you will love the results with the Capa flashtuner,as has been mentioned your injectors will be maxed out then.

My T goes in tomorrow for a custom tune @ intune, but with bigger injectors so here comes 300rwkw
Old 02-28-2005, 22:17   #8 (permalink)

208.9 rwkw was about 282 rwhp.

I think this works out to be about 262 Calculated fwkw. Correct me if im wrong anyone!

Bring on Tomorrow!

288rwkw
Go You Good Thing!!
Old 03-01-2005, 00:54   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by obrut6
mate you will love the results with the Capa flashtuner,as has been mentioned your injectors will be maxed out then.

My T goes in tomorrow for a custom tune @ intune, but with bigger injectors so here comes 300rwkw
yup @ 260rwkw's you will be out of injector. But thats easy to fix
Xtreme F6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 05:06   #10 (permalink)

Injectors, ahhh. Well theres no point building the whole thing at once now is there, that just takes away all the little goals i want to achieve from my ute!!!

If down the track i was to replace the injectors, what would be the best to replace them with? I have heard the bosch injectors similar to what they use in the skylines are not bad.

Cant wait!!!!

288rwkw
Go You Good Thing!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo