XR8 > F6 - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo Turbo Talks start here.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2006, 17:18   #1 (permalink)

XR8 > F6

Hi There, Im a couple of months away from my 3 yearly car upgrade and am looking to move from the BA XR8 to the BF F6 typhoon. I have a couple of questions from current owners:

1). Whats the manual like in the F6 (ive only tested a auto - yuk)

2). Whats the real world gas usage like? My XR8 sits at about 15 after 50,000kms, can you 'nurse' the F6 on the open road?

3). What improvements can be done to the F6 that dont hamper the warranty that give you improvment in power etc. I heard that a good exhaust on the XR6T makes quite a difference, but does it to the F6? If so, can you fire some links etc..

4). Are there any ford extras that owners your recommend when ordering, if so, why?

Any other hints/tips etc are very welcome.

Simon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-12-2006, 19:59   #2 (permalink)

biggrin Re: XR8 > F6

Quote:
Originally Posted by gremin
Hi There, Im a couple of months away from my 3 yearly car upgrade and am looking to move from the BA XR8 to the BF F6 typhoon. I have a couple of questions from current owners:

1). Whats the manual like in the F6 (ive only tested a auto - yuk)

2). Whats the real world gas usage like? My XR8 sits at about 15 after 50,000kms, can you 'nurse' the F6 on the open road?

3). What improvements can be done to the F6 that dont hamper the warranty that give you improvment in power etc. I heard that a good exhaust on the XR6T makes quite a difference, but does it to the F6? If so, can you fire some links etc..

4). Are there any ford extras that owners your recommend when ordering, if so, why?

Any other hints/tips etc are very welcome.

Simon
Mate we have both sitting in the garage at home a BF F6 auto and a BA MK2 F6 6 speed.

The manual is fantastic can be a little sticky from 2nd to 3rd but a short shifter will fix that problem $ 500 - 600.

Fuel in the F6 13 - 15L per hundred k's and if your cruising mine sits around 9L per hundred and that's with the Capa Edit and custom tune.

Improvements where to bloody start mate there are heaps you can do all depends on the cash you want to spend. do'nt worry about Exhaust the F6 is good for 280rwkw before you have to change your cats you can get a cats back system to make it sound a little better $1500

Any mods to your car will void warranty and the dealer will tell you that but if you get a good dealer who sells these parts and fits them you may be ok all dealers are different.

Your best bet is the Capa Edit and cutom tune and K&N or BMC hi flow Air filter this will give you around 250-260rwkw and this transforms the car which is very good in stock form into a weapon and the best thing is the dealer will never know you have done it as you can put the car back into stock form when it is service time by using your Capa edit box which is yours to keep when you buy it all you do is follow the instuctions or have the tuner show you how to do it thats how simple it is. $1300 for Edit box $200-300 for custom tune. Just check this forum out for all the info and these products it's all in here.

Extra's when getting the car is the FPV mats makes cleaning the floor easy just shake it outside and done mate clean as a whistle and get the Sports Steering wheel they look good and feel great when driving around. $200 for mats and $900 for Sports Wheel but you can get these both for free when buying the car just tell them if i get this car i want these items thrown in for nothing everybody else does.

You can drive like Miss Daisy or hammer it your choice they do both very well just check the car right over when you get it inside and out and note any defects check the paint if you get Rapid as there has been alot of problems when painting this car that's why they stopped production of this colour.

One other thing get yourself a Blow Off Valve to replace the standard one $350 from turbosmart it scares the crap out of any holden drivers as you change gear right next to them if they have there window down and then you just wave to them as you pass.

Enjoy the car it's a great ride
perthxr6t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2006, 02:01   #3 (permalink)
FF Moderator

Re: XR8 > F6

I think perthxr6t covered it all, however I'm surprised you don't like the new auto. It makes an absolute weapon out of the F6 but having said that as perthxr6t said, with a shortshifter and edit the manual's back in the game again. If you don't plan to do either I would stick with the auto IMO.

WASP GT - Mk2 6 speed + Herrod =
CDAA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2006, 04:23   #4 (permalink)

Re: XR8 > F6

Have to agree..... been there done that

limiting factor is now the clutch......

do I go there

Mate go the phoon You will not be sorry. Mines now done more than 41K and still is as solid as a rock.... and god she makes me smile .

Peter
She's just freaking feral now
Aussie_Geo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > F6 Typhoon | XR6 Turbo