hello, i am wanting to buy a vehicle from a seller, who claims its name is:
1929 Ford Model A Leatherback 4dr Sedan
i am going to see it this weekend.
if it helps, i am going to try attaching a picture of it here....
or, here is a link of a picture too
the ONLY numbers the Seller has supplied, is this: 862294
he claims its the SAME number for both, the Chassis and Engine. he also claims the vehicle is MOSTLY original, including engine, trans and rear end.
i am wanting to research more, but could use some guidance....
my questions are:
1. can i verify this number and find out anything about it, from it?
2. what suggestions, other than check wood, rust, frame, etc....can anyone here provide for me to look into while there?
3. are there ANY other numbers i can find, like Color, Model, Manufactured Date or Plant, on the body or frame that could help ID it better, etc, and where would i look?
4. are there ANY other number on the Engine i can find for more info, and where would i look?
5. are there any PROS/CONS of this year and model i should be made aware of?
ANY info or direction would be GREATLY appreciated...thanks!