Help with 27T Vaporizer Carb!! - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Older Fords > Antique Fords > Model A & Model T
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2007, 19:42   #1 (permalink)

confused Help with 27T Vaporizer Carb!!

Hi, I have a 1927 Model T with a holley vaporizer carb on it. Ive tried everything! I have had the carb off about 20 times and it still wont run. Everyone says to make sure to seal everything up or it wont work. Maybe im missing something? I put a stromberg carb and manifold on and it runs like a top, so i know its the carb. It seems like i choke it then it fires up then dies immediatly. It doesn't matter what you do, as soon as it starts it dies. Whats wrong? Please let me know what you guys think. Thanks for your time.Justin.
Links_56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-01-2007, 02:16   #2 (permalink)
Veitchy

Re: Help with 27T Vaporizer Carb!!

I am not familiar with the Holly vapouriser on the T, but have had a fair bit to do with vapourisers on tractors and on the Fordson F in particular. In those cases the vapouriser is fed by exhaust gas to heat up the Kero they run on, and when they won't go it is usually an air leak through something being burnt out in the vapouriser letting it suck air from the exhaust side of the vapouriser instead of drawing the air fuel mixture through the correct path back to the carby. In that case it's not sealing up the carby as such that is needed, its making shure that the plates or tubes are sound and not burnt out. I don't know if that is aplicable to your T or not but it just may be.

Goodluck,
Graham
Veitchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 05:33   #3 (permalink)

Thanks for the reply!! I thought that too. I replaced the hot plate even though the other one didnt look bad. I capped one end of the pipe that runs through the exhaust manifold and filled the pipe with gasoline to make sure it wasn't cracked or rusted. it held the gas fine and didnt leak so I ruled that out.
Old 03-01-2007, 09:13   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Links_56
Hi, I have a 1927 Model T with a holley vaporizer carb on it. Ive tried everything! I have had the carb off about 20 times and it still wont run. Everyone says to make sure to seal everything up or it wont work. Maybe im missing something? I put a stromberg carb and manifold on and it runs like a top, so i know its the carb. It seems like i choke it then it fires up then dies immediatly. It doesn't matter what you do, as soon as it starts it dies. Whats wrong? Please let me know what you guys think. Thanks for your time.Justin.
I know nothing about T carbs m but on the later B4's they were prone to jammed metering and the fuel wouldnt flow , so ask your self why it doesnt flow ?
if it did the motor would kick I expect ?( timing and spark are good ?)
atec77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 18:05   #5 (permalink)

Yeah, It starts to start but ever does. I thought the timing was messed up so i did it over and over. When I put another carb and manifold on it fires up and runs like a top. I don't know what to do. Thanks though.
Old 01-24-2008, 16:50   #6 (permalink)
Gen3AntiqueAuto

Vaporizers, love em or hate em. I'm running one on my car right now, but it's coming off to make room for a high volume intake and Holly NH.
Gen3AntiqueAut is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Older Fords > Antique Fords > Model A & Model T