1965 Fairlane To Buy Or Not To Buy? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Older Fords > Classic Fords > Fairlane | Torino
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Fairlane | Torino Discussion area for Fanatics of the Classic Ford Fairlane and Torino Lines.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2007, 12:21   #1 (permalink)

1965 Fairlane To Buy Or Not To Buy?

Hi, I am new here and I really want a classic muscle car (Ford of course!). There is a 1965 Fairlane (2 Door Hardtop) nearby that looks really good but it doesn't have power steering and it only has a 289. Car is straight overall and they are asking $2500. So my questions are... does that sound like a fair price? How difficult would it be eventually to upgrade to power steering? What more powerful engine would someday be an easy candidate to fit in the car? Thanks for all the help! Please respond asap for I am dying to get a Ford Muscle Car!
Rusty
rutang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-08-2007, 19:16   #2 (permalink)
Flying @ a mile high

Re: 1965 Fairlane To Buy Or Not To Buy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rutang
Hi, I am new here and I really want a classic muscle car (Ford of course!). There is a 1965 Fairlane (2 Door Hardtop) nearby that looks really good but it doesn't have power steering and it only has a 289. Car is straight overall and they are asking $2500. So my questions are... does that sound like a fair price? How difficult would it be eventually to upgrade to power steering? What more powerful engine would someday be an easy candidate to fit in the car? Thanks for all the help! Please respond asap for I am dying to get a Ford Muscle Car!
Rusty
as long as the trans is a 6 bolt trans that is a great price. my 67 must was a 302 block 289 n rods 60.over trw flat tops windsor heads roller rockers, torker intake 650 holley. it was fast as hell. the reason for the 6 bolt that way you can run a 351 windor, or stroker 302-347 the possibilities are endless. post some pics, watch your frt shock towers and rear shock mount areas. that is a great body style
Old 09-09-2007, 12:55   #3 (permalink)

Re: 1965 Fairlane To Buy Or Not To Buy?

Thank you for the help! I will see if it is a 6 bolt trans. I do like the body style but I also have my eye on a Galaxie... for $600 but it needs a whole lot more work. Thank you.
Rusty
rutang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Older Fords > Classic Fords > Fairlane | Torino