1996 Fairlane NL Blower/AC delayed start - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Older Fords > Classic Fords > Fairlane | Torino
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Fairlane | Torino Discussion area for Fanatics of the Classic Ford Fairlane and Torino Lines.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2012, 06:53   #1 (permalink)
1996 Fairlane NF

1996 Fairlane NL Blower/AC delayed start

Hi there I hope someone might point me in the right direction.

Over the last few months my Fairlane's blower/heater/AC has been taking longer to switch on after starting the car.

When starting the car the LCD display does not display anything and none of the buttons will operate or fire it into life, after a couple of minutes of driving or idling on the drive the LCD display comes on (all LCD options lit for a second) and then the blower/heater/AC kicks in, I should add that the options are not reset, i.e. if I turn off the engine with the blowers on 6 and AC on when it eventually starts up it will still be blowers on 6, with AC on.

The AC works fine, the blower controls are fine and all the other options appear to work normally once it switches on.

Being a recent import myself (1 x pom with an old Fairlane) I have not had much dealings with AC or the Fairlane but I am not a complete chump when it comes to motors.

It's not the most annoying thing in the world but if there is some simple advice/fault finding measures to follow I would welcome the advice.

I have tried the reset, holding the 'mode' and 'off' buttons, the rest worked but the fault remains.

Thanks in advance
Picko is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Older Fords > Classic Fords > Fairlane | Torino