250-6 question - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Older Fords > Classic Fords > Fairlane | Torino
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Fairlane | Torino Discussion area for Fanatics of the Classic Ford Fairlane and Torino Lines.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2008, 22:16   #1 (permalink)

Question 250-6 question

Hi, new here, read the introductions if you want the full story...

Short of it is I'm looking for someone who knows a bit about the 1971 Torino Sedan with a 250 4.1L motor...

I am familiar with the car just not the 6cyl... any links you can provide would be great too.

Good to be back in the Blue
BACKINTHEBLUE is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-02-2008, 14:31   #2 (permalink)

biggrin Re: 250-6 question

Way back when a friend of ours bought a brand new 250-6 Torino. We ran all big block v8's so asked him, "wont it be too slow". He responded he was used to the Model T, his other car, so the 6-cyl Torino was plenty of power.

Well I am not an expert on these, I know it is a super good basic design for economy, well designed ports, only drawback is the integral intake but for economy that doesnt matter either.

Best mod to the stocker I've heard of is to run a Carter carb unless it already has one - less troublesome and better mileage too. The link below has the super experts, this is the best 6-cyl Ford site I know of:

Fordsix Performance :: Index
WerbyFord is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Older Fords > Classic Fords > Fairlane | Torino