Ford Forums banner

66 Mercury Cyclone speedo problem

3K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  oregontopcat 
#1 ·
I am having a problem getting the right speedo gear combination for the Borg Warner T10. The problem is the pencil gear does not engage the steel drive gear on the tailshaft. I have tried a number of driven gears and it is the same problem with all of them. It is just barely missing as I can apply slight pressure on the gear housing and it will start to turn. I have done a lot of work on the computer and what I have found out is that there may be more than 1 drive gear but they are hard to find. Here are the dimensions on the gears that I have now. The driven gear is 1.910 diameter, the pencil gear is .772. I should mention that this is a trans I bought and not the one originally in the car. Is there a bigger pencil gear available? The hole in the tailshaft would accept at least .100 larger. Also the speedo goes in on the drivers side. Any info would be helpful.:wank2:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.