69 Torino GT - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
¬Ľ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Older Fords > Classic Fords > Fairlane | Torino
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Fairlane | Torino Discussion area for Fanatics of the Classic Ford Fairlane and Torino Lines.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2003, 06:02   #1 (permalink)

69 Torino GT

This is a car that I owned a few year's ago when I was young and dumb. It was a wonderful car, but out of stupity I installed a "Bibelhauser" built 429, which destroyed the great handling.
The straight line performance was fantastic.
Sorry for the poor quality of the picture's.
You may be able to see some of the cutting involved to install the engine. The shock tower's were cut back for exhaust clearance. The forward crossmember had to be cut and notched for oil pan clearance, and the transmission crossmember was relocated.
http://fordexp.freehomepage.com/photo3.html

Last edited by big1; 07-18-2003 at 06:06. Reason: Attachment didn't show
big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-19-2003, 08:17   #2 (permalink)

I have recieved further instruction's on posting, perhap's I can now show the picture's of my 69 Torino.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg My 69 Torino GT.jpg (45.1 KB, 104 views)
File Type: jpg Torino Engine Swap.jpg (41.6 KB, 57 views)
Old 07-19-2003, 12:05   #3 (permalink)

Re: 69 Torino GT

What a true classic, great looking car for it's time.

My next Ford.....
Stacy94PGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2003, 14:25   #4 (permalink)

Yes they were. It's a real shame that I messed up the car by installing that engine. Only to gain 50hp.
Old 08-03-2003, 13:35   #5 (permalink)
aka Moby

That would be the next classic car I would like to get, however I don't think I have ever seen one here, also the Talledago[sp], I love that fastback style.
Rustyfords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2003, 13:51   #6 (permalink)

How hard is it to get such a car in AFRICA?
Old 08-03-2003, 14:18   #7 (permalink)
aka Moby

To import one would be way too expensive, our currency really sucks, and to find one here, well, there may be a couple stuck away in folks garages but in all my searching on the SA web I have never come across one, or heard of one mentioned at any car shows. Of course, having said that I will now suddenly find about 100 in the area. SA, altho we are in Africa, is not like the pics you see of all the fighting etc that happens in other parts, its a totally different Africa here. We have quite a few car shows, and - as I have discovered - quite a few car clubs, just that most of them are not on the web, we have not got that far yet. I will post a link of one of the car clubs that is on the web, go and have a look at it, its got some cool pics. Computer is on a go-slow so I will have to post it on another post, does'nt want to open more than one window at a time, seems like its prime time for the internet your side.
Old 08-03-2003, 14:52   #8 (permalink)
aka Moby

Well after much searching thru my totally 'not in order' filing system on the pc I meanaged to remember the add., then while searching this one I found another one which I never even knew existed, altho my son has marshalled there before, live and learn.
http://www.capetownstreetrods.co.za/
http://www.wpmc.co.za/Classic&FineCars.htm
Old 08-03-2003, 20:57   #9 (permalink)

Went to your first link and low and behold one of my dream car's. I'm talking about that beautiful 55 Ford, and that 59 Impala is fantastic to. Great site.
O.K. I guess a lot of people (or maybe just me) are stupid when it come's to Africa. When I here of it I think plain's with Lion's And other large man eating beast's. I never thought of Rod Run's.
I suppose people think of us Kentuckian's as gun totin, moonshine drinkin, redneck's OH MY GOODNESS WE ARE!!!
Old 08-04-2003, 14:25   #10 (permalink)
aka Moby

HaHa, yeah don't worry I am used to the comments on S.Africa, I can spin the biggest load of BS and folks just suck it all in, we are no different here to you guys, got everything you guys have got, including a MacDonalds and KFC on every corner, even a BurgerKing, or something like that that offers over 68 different types of burgers.
Never quite figured that out, I mean a burger is a burger. Got Autozone, no Napa tho'. And we do have lions etc, but they are safely behind great big fences in Game Parks. But that is here, in SA, can't speak for the rest of Africa, except Namibia, they are like us, and for the most part so is Zimbabwe, just having a bit of a problem right now. You would be amazed at the classic cars there.
But further up in Africa, well that is just plain scary to me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Older Fords > Classic Fords > Fairlane | Torino