'71 Torino Headers - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Older Fords > Classic Fords > Fairlane | Torino
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Fairlane | Torino Discussion area for Fanatics of the Classic Ford Fairlane and Torino Lines.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2007, 21:03   #1 (permalink)

'71 Torino Headers

Hi guys,

Looking for some advice about the best performance headers to choose for my '71 Torino 500 2dr Hard Top.

It has the 351-4v (M Code) engine, ac, ps, pdb and is an automatic (not sure which but the Vin code is U and its called the 'cruise-o-matic' in the literature).

I've only found 2 examples of a part to fit:
Speedy Performance Parts - Product Comparison - Ford Torino 1971 - 1971 Ford Torino Headers

Are there any others available that anyone knows of and which would provide the best performance. Also any positive or negative experiences with the manufacturers.
jayrockwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-21-2007, 21:06   #2 (permalink)

Re: '71 Torino Headers

The 71 torino shares its chassis with the mustang cougar and ranchero headers for any of those for an automatic will fit. You probably have the FMX tranny. Hooker makes the best headers super comps are the best. I'm useing the hooker comps. I got mine from jethot. You can get uncoated ones and maybe even coated from summit. I paid approx $450 for mine 4 years ago. I have an m code mach I. with a top loader. They definitely have them for your car.
jethat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 20:37   #3 (permalink)

That's awesome mate! Much appreciated advice.
jayrockwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 19:58   #4 (permalink)
Flying @ a mile high

just installed hooker comp on my 72 fastback they are awsome went from old stye shorties to the hookers and full exhaust to dyno max and never even dropped a tenth in the 1/4. the cheap headers are seperate flanges the hookers ae one piece and twice as thick!!!! well worth the money. you also have more choices due to the FMX cast iron body, the c-6 cars are tougher and limited to a few. good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Older Fords > Classic Fords > Fairlane | Torino