Australian Paint codes - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Older Fords > Classic Fords > Fairlane | Torino
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Fairlane | Torino Discussion area for Fanatics of the Classic Ford Fairlane and Torino Lines.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2005, 20:21   #1 (permalink)
Ford ***** n00b

Australian Paint codes

Hi Guys,

Have a 1977 ZH Fairlane Marquis

Its that weird bluey greeny color that is quite common

need to know

what is the code and name

Is there anywhere I can view the original unfaded color online

Thanks in advance
Johnny Aywah is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-18-2005, 02:52   #2 (permalink)

Re: Australian Paint codes

http://www.members.iinet.net.au/~tarq17/brochures.html

Not sure which colour you mean, but have a look on my site - link is direct to the brochure/colour chart page

Not sure about the codes yet but Im working on it....
ZH_302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 06:20   #3 (permalink)
in his big ZH

I have all the codes... but I am not much use to you as they are packed away ready for me to move on Saturday. If no one has them before I unpack, I will post a full list.

I have found that they change regularly, you would think that one model would have had one set of codes, but I have found later ones in most models (or at least some, XC, ZH and XE) that do not corrospond to what is in the book... and even worse when you go to buy paint, give them the code on your ID plate (which is a green colour) and they suggest a red... not good. So I am guessing the codes are right for the initial year but are subject to change throughout the model.
Big_Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 20:33   #4 (permalink)
Ford ***** n00b

this colour

what is that colour called?
Johnny Aywah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 02:51   #5 (permalink)

Think it's Platinum Blue
Old 06-16-2005, 05:55   #6 (permalink)

I just looked through all of the spare parts manuals and could find everything but, sorry. Unfortunatly, I am away at work at the moment so I do not have access to the maintenance manuals. Hopefully Big_Matt/ZH_302 can help out.

Tarquin, some information to help out on your excellent website (correction from past post).
May & June ZH Fairlane's/Marquis's had the 302/351 2V C10/9 inch set up.
July onwards, all 4.9's were C10/BW (Fairlanes & Marquis's) introduction of ADR 27A.
July '76 to December '78 all 5.8's were FMX/9 inch (Fairlanes, Marquis's & LTD's)
January '79 to final production all 5.8's were now fitted with the XD axle (4 pinion 28 spline) (Fairlanes, Marquis's & LTD's)

No ZH Fairlane, Marquis or P6 LTD was ever fitted with the rear sway bar. From March '78 to September '78 all XC's (BW and 9 inch) had sway bar attached via a large U bolt. From September onwards, all BW diffs now had two metal plates (part of axle housing) on the underside of the differential that the sway bar attached to (this is the introduction of the XD axle). If you have a ZH or P6 made on or after this date (P6 made from January '79), you may think that there was a sway bar fitted. Unfortunatley not, as all diffs were made the same, just fitted into different cars.

BTW all Ford 9 inch diffs continued to use the large U bolt to hold the sway bar on until Ford phased out the 9 inch. This occurred in October '78 for all Falcon's & Fairmont's and December for all ZH's & P6's.

Paul
paull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 04:40   #7 (permalink)

Thanks Paul. I'll update the page with your new info as soon as i get some spare time.

Hows the Cobra coming along?
Old 07-14-2005, 18:24   #8 (permalink)

Slowly. I went out there other day to take some photos and pick the front bumper up (needs re shaping). Unfortunately he was not there so will need to get pics in a couple of weeks time.

I think that all of the body work has now been done, as well as all of the undercoat/primer/guidecoat. Underbody I believe has also been pressure cleaned and will then be painted. He was saying that the car should be done just before Christmas, will wait and see.

Paul
paull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 09:20   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by paull
I just looked through all of the spare parts manuals and could find everything but, sorry. Unfortunatly, I am away at work at the moment so I do not have access to the maintenance manuals. Hopefully Big_Matt/ZH_302 can help out.

Tarquin, some information to help out on your excellent website (correction from past post).
May & June ZH Fairlane's/Marquis's had the 302/351 2V C10/9 inch set up.
July onwards, all 4.9's were C10/BW (Fairlanes & Marquis's) introduction of ADR 27A.
July '76 to December '78 all 5.8's were FMX/9 inch (Fairlanes, Marquis's & LTD's)
January '79 to final production all 5.8's were now fitted with the XD axle (4 pinion 28 spline) (Fairlanes, Marquis's & LTD's)

No ZH Fairlane, Marquis or P6 LTD was ever fitted with the rear sway bar. From March '78 to September '78 all XC's (BW and 9 inch) had sway bar attached via a large U bolt. From September onwards, all BW diffs now had two metal plates (part of axle housing) on the underside of the differential that the sway bar attached to (this is the introduction of the XD axle). If you have a ZH or P6 made on or after this date (P6 made from January '79), you may think that there was a sway bar fitted. Unfortunatley not, as all diffs were made the same, just fitted into different cars.

BTW all Ford 9 inch diffs continued to use the large U bolt to hold the sway bar on until Ford phased out the 9 inch. This occurred in October '78 for all Falcon's & Fairmont's and December for all ZH's & P6's.

Paul
My GXLwas June 78 and it had the plates welded to the diff, originally a BW, but now I have a 77 ZH MArquis 9inch with U bolts!
Old 08-06-2005, 05:31   #10 (permalink)

Exclamation Re: Australian Paint codes

Has any of you guys got a colour paint chart for zf and zg fairlanes?
fordchrysler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Older Fords > Classic Fords > Fairlane | Torino