Can ANYONE Help Me? Fairlane or Torino? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Older Fords > Classic Fords > Fairlane | Torino
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Fairlane | Torino Discussion area for Fanatics of the Classic Ford Fairlane and Torino Lines.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2005, 16:25   #1 (permalink)

Can ANYONE Help Me? Fairlane or Torino?

[IMG]Shelby Cobra 01.JPG[/IMG] [IMG]Shelby Cobra 02.JPG[/IMG] [IMG]Shelby Cobra 04.JPG[/IMG] [IMG]Shelby Cobra 05.JPG[/IMG] I own a Shelby Torino 428cj RamAir that Has NOT BEEN Started in 25 years. Everyone that I have talk to tell me that this car is not worth very much and it is not as rare as my Father says it is. Anyone in this forum KNOW ANYTHING about this Shelby? Thank You
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Shelby Cobra 01.JPG (57.4 KB, 165 views)
File Type: jpg Shelby Cobra 02.JPG (44.7 KB, 106 views)
File Type: jpg Shelby Cobra 05.JPG (49.0 KB, 108 views)
File Type: jpg Shelby Cobra 04.JPG (63.6 KB, 125 views)
Badbob1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-13-2005, 17:40   #2 (permalink)

Re: Can ANYONE Help Me? Fairlane or Torino?

The people that tell you that this car is'nt very rare or worth very much are probably only saying that because they would really love to buy it off you and want to get it cheap?? You should keep that Car and Restore it if you can.I do not know how many of these were made or much about it,but I know enough to say that this car is what I would call rare and very collectable.Thorough research should be done about the Car and it's value,if ever considering to sell it.I'll see if I can find out more specific information for you.That engine alone would fetch several thousand Dollars here in Australia !!!
lukeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 14:28   #3 (permalink)

I'd buy it. A good resource for pricing is www.manheimgold.com
Be sure to look at how condition is determined, most folks rate their car a category better than it actually is.

Alfonse
alfonse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 18:27   #4 (permalink)
'77 XC Wagon in progress

I must confess I don't know anything about the actual car model, but judging by the pictures, that's incredible - time-warp stuff! Where was it hiding, in a barn? Utterly fabulous - don't sell it, get it going again! And if you must sell it, make sure you get a decent amount for it because in that sort of condition (engine notwithstanding) it'll be worth heaps to the right person.
Neeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 20:01   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfonse
I'd buy it. A good resource for pricing is www.manheimgold.com
Be sure to look at how condition is determined, most folks rate their car a category better than it actually is.

Alfonse
Thats no good for pricing IMO.They don't even have a listing for a 428 Cobra Jet Torino there that I could see?? Being a Genuine 428 Cobra-Jet Torino makes this Car very Collectable and dramatically increases it's value.You should either keep this Car,or if not...Don't get fooled into selling it for less than it's worth !!
lukeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 01:50   #6 (permalink)

I know it may not be much help but i did see a torino advertised in the aust just cars , it looked exactly the same only in need of complte resto and i dont think it was cobra jet only a mock up and they were asking $ 11,000 aus for it .I understand they are becoming a sort after collectors item . It may have helped, but if not ill foce my self to take it of your hands (alot). Nice item, im jealous.
landau37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2005, 07:57   #7 (permalink)
Multi Car Owner

Get It!
Marqman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2005, 00:01   #8 (permalink)

Yes its worth money, Id chat to someone from the fairlane club of america, they would know.

I would actually say to the right person for a numbers matchiing car suitable for restoration, the car in America and Im guessing here, it could be worth high teens US dollars.

There is a guy in Adelaide who owns a business called Joe's Golden Gasoline or something like that. He probably would love to speak to you with a car like that.

Good luck with what ever you do with it
compact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2005, 12:56   #9 (permalink)
FORD THUNDER DOWNUNDER

Hey man don,t sell it, restore it! It's ****in rare they don't make real muscel cars anymore especailly with ram air.
KILLERME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 19:28   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badbob1964
[IMG]Shelby Cobra 01.JPG[/IMG] [IMG]Shelby Cobra 02.JPG[/IMG] [IMG]Shelby Cobra 04.JPG[/IMG] [IMG]Shelby Cobra 05.JPG[/IMG] I own a Shelby Torino 428cj RamAir that Has NOT BEEN Started in 25 years. Everyone that I have talk to tell me that this car is not worth very much and it is not as rare as my Father says it is. Anyone in this forum KNOW ANYTHING about this Shelby? Thank You
I just joined this forum & noticed this post, I have owned 12 of the 428 CJ Torinos & Fairlanes, this is a "Fairlane COBRA" if I had the Vin. & rest of the info. off the drivers door I can tell you alot about this car. also some more pics. I would not do anything with the car as it appears to be a pretty much virgin car & is a great restoration project, if done correctly by the right person!!!
428CJ56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Older Fords > Classic Fords > Fairlane | Torino