compact fairlane's? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Older Fords > Classic Fords > Fairlane | Torino
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Fairlane | Torino Discussion area for Fanatics of the Classic Ford Fairlane and Torino Lines.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2005, 18:48   #1 (permalink)

compact fairlane's?

is there many people on here who have "compact" or american fairlane 500

i have a 1963 fairlane 500 (compact).....and would love to chat tio others who have the same or have had experience in doing these cars up
compact is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-18-2005, 20:22   #2 (permalink)
EF & ZH owner

Re: compact fairlane's?

Quote:
Originally Posted by compact

i have a 1963 fairlane 500 (compact).....and would love to chat tio others who have the same or have had experience in doing these cars up
I seen a shmick red one the other day, left hand drive still, looked hot, went good too, tried to race him in my ZH LOL

EF2 Futura - 2.5" zorst - K&N Filter - 3" intake - xr8 CAI - Wade 1004-14 Cam - Pacemaker PH4480 xtractors - 15" stockies

77 ZH Fairlane 500 - 302clevo - straight lpg - 12 slotters

God bless the lord, Henry Ford.
XCHASR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2005, 14:25   #3 (permalink)

Quote:

What Country are you in ??? Iam in Australia and for a few years ,once had a 1962 Ford Compact Fairlane Sedan.It had in it a 289 Windsor and C4 Transmission.I also put XW Falcon Disc Brakes,12-Slotters and a pair of XT GT Bucket Seats.It was a fun vehicle !!!
bradford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 22:02   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradford
What Country are you in ??? Iam in Australia and for a few years ,once had a 1962 Ford Compact Fairlane Sedan.It had in it a 289 Windsor and C4 Transmission.I also put XW Falcon Disc Brakes,12-Slotters and a pair of XT GT Bucket Seats.It was a fun vehicle !!!
I live in Australia.......down in the bottom crn of SA....doesnt seem to be many people around anymore that have these cars.....when did u have yours....
Ive never even driven one ...but always had a liking for the shape....and thats why im doing it up.......its stripped right down to the bare shell now with only the steering to get disconnected and then the paint will go on the engine bay.........choice of 2 colours so far ...and that is the subaru wrx yellow colour..... or there is a yellow on the volkswagon golf that i like.......im after a pale yellow if anyone has some suggetions.....but only pale yellow
Old 02-09-2005, 22:04   #5 (permalink)

was it hard to do the swap to xw braking system ....how much did u swap?
Old 02-10-2005, 03:33   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
I live in Australia.......down in the bottom crn of SA....doesnt seem to be many people around anymore that have these cars.....when did u have yours....
Ive never even driven one ...but always had a liking for the shape....and thats why im doing it up.......its stripped right down to the bare shell now with only the steering to get disconnected and then the paint will go on the engine bay.........choice of 2 colours so far ...and that is the subaru wrx yellow colour..... or there is a yellow on the volkswagon golf that i like.......im after a pale yellow if anyone has some suggetions.....but only pale yellow
A Beautiful Factory Ford Pale Yellow that I would highly recommend for this car is called 'Springtime Yellow'.Here is a link to a 1966 Ford Galaxie which I believe is this colour which was Optional for this Model and Year and is Paint Code- 8. Check this out... http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...sPageName=WDVW
Old 02-10-2005, 03:43   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
was it hard to do the swap to xw braking system ....how much did u swap?
From Memory a lot of Falcon Brake Parts were the same??I'm sure I used Falcon Rear Drums,Brake Shoes and Wheel Master Cylinders??I think that I also just put on Falcon Tie-Rod Ends and put the XW-Y[Also same as ZC-D]Disc Brake Stub's and Rotors straight on??I was going to run an XT Falcon or ZB Fairlane 'Split' Reservoir Brake Master Cylinder [XR and ZA had a 'Single' Reservoir Type] and Remote VH40 or VH44 Remote Booster and lines out of an XT,but sold the car before completing the conversion.I did use it though for a short while with the Disc's and without running a Brake Booster and it worked okay!!! However,this is not a good idea and Disc Brakes should run Power Assisted with a Vaccuum Booster for maximum results and safety !!!
Old 03-08-2005, 18:17   #8 (permalink)

Thanks for all the info on the brakes...very usefull

Springtime yellow....mmmmm...love the colour....my mobile phone has a phot of a xt gt done in springtime yellow that i had the good luck to meet in Adelaide....at the rego office....the guy had just bought it from Vic

Im looking for a pale yellow....but with a bit more depth....cant be too strong or else the car will look all wrong.....I think i have just about made upo my mind on the subaru colour if i can find out the paint code.....the local subaru dealer here doesnt even know WTF......i do know it was realased in 2000-2001 on the wrx's....and it was a limited edition colour....so if someone knows...please help

there doesnt seem to be too many ol compact owners around hey?
Old 05-08-2005, 21:21   #9 (permalink)

I had one over here in nz, had 289 toploader and nine inch.
They were assembled here for a while in the sixties.
Just came back from the beach hop where I saw my old white one, a bright orange one and one painted in acid rush. If i find some pics from the weekend i will post them.
Blueblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 14:37   #10 (permalink)
in his big ZH

I have the pleaseure of living in a household that has two 63's. One is registered, the other runs but long term might end up being a parts car. Both are white, close to original and one has grey trim and stripe, the other has red trim and pink stripe.
Big_Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Older Fords > Classic Fords > Fairlane | Torino