ford xe 83 - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Older Fords > Classic Fords > Fairlane | Torino
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Fairlane | Torino Discussion area for Fanatics of the Classic Ford Fairlane and Torino Lines.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2007, 20:40   #1 (permalink)

ford xe 83

i am hoping there is sumone that might be able to give me an idea on a problem with my xe 351 cleavo. Battery is constantly going flat as alternator is only 55 amps as i am running a set of el-ef thermo fans and amps and subwoofa. If sumone has had this problem before can u please give me the easy way around this so it does not keep occuring or if you know any other alternator where i can take it apart and transfer it over into my casing that has more than 55 amps.

Jason
jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-24-2007, 23:53   #2 (permalink)

Re: ford xe 83

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason
i am hoping there is sumone that might be able to give me an idea on a problem with my xe 351 cleavo. Battery is constantly going flat as alternator is only 55 amps as i am running a set of el-ef thermo fans and amps and subwoofa. If sumone has had this problem before can u please give me the easy way around this so it does not keep occuring or if you know any other alternator where i can take it apart and transfer it over into my casing that has more than 55 amps.

Jason
With some bracket changes amd a different pulley the later 110 amp units for from the e series .the latter model fit ok /
atec77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 18:52   #3 (permalink)

I ended up buying a bosh universal alternator 85 amp still wont fit on bracket assembly either brushes are hitting back of cleavo can u please give me some ideas in what i have to do to get it to fit properly
Jason
jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 19:05   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason
I ended up buying a bosh universal alternator 85 amp still wont fit on bracket assembly either brushes are hitting back of cleavo can u please give me some ideas in what i have to do to get it to fit properly
Jason
Pictures would help
atec77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 04:21   #5 (permalink)

You may have to move it out, and if the pulley doesnt line up you can either get a crankshaft double pulley or a gilmer drive gear set up. Al depends on how much space you have.
I have the twin au fans on a std 2 core XF radiator so they are running 90% of the time, 650hp motor to turn over on startup and run a 55 amp alternater with no dramas.
Are you running an alarm which may also be draining the system?

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Older Fords > Classic Fords > Fairlane | Torino