Help with zc fairlane im selling - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Older Fords > Classic Fords > Fairlane | Torino
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Fairlane | Torino Discussion area for Fanatics of the Classic Ford Fairlane and Torino Lines.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2006, 05:57   #1 (permalink)

Help with zc fairlane im selling

Some of you guys might have already seen this a while ago. I bought a ZC fairlane off a friend of mine. Its been fully restored. I tried selling it but i couldnt. I just do not know how much it is worth and mabey some of you guys can help me out. Please give me an price on how much you think its worth. This is the original post:

This car is incredable. 302 windsor. Burgandy, new black interior which looks amazing, all the bits have been rechromed including grill. LSD diff. Never driven in the rain and rairly driven for that matter. Pioneer audio system including 2x10" subs. Chrome 12 slotters all with caps. Professionally Lowered, Boot has been recarpeted. Number plates are customized and go with the car ZCV869. Engine has had work done to it including exhaust and extractors, cam, 4 barrel and so on.... so its no slouch. Also 2500 high stall ang a stage 2 shift kit. You could say its in show condition. Also i have the original service books. Autometer tachos and t-bar auto. Engine sounds amazing and power steering is new. Amazing car to drive and regretful sale. Will post better pics soon. But if interested email me at abz_y@hotmail.com or call 0422 432 016.

The only thing im not happy with is the paint but thats all it needs and thats only if you really want to have it perfect. Also how much you think these lowrider plates are worth i wanna sell them to.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00200.JPG (80.4 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00202.JPG (80.0 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00203.JPG (39.7 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00290.JPG (72.3 KB, 1 views)
fairlane71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-18-2006, 01:32   #2 (permalink)
eon
Grumpy Old Fart

Re: Help with zc fairlane im selling

Mate the ZC is a bloody nice car....
And if I wanted to be a smart arse I would say that it is worth precisely what someone will give you for it.
I've just sold my ZH.
I also have a ZL, which is my daily driver, and over the next 12 months I'm looking for an XC something, preferably a GXL.
What does this have to do with you?
Well we are enthusiasts aren't we?
If your car was an XC, I want to know if it is original or modified (I only want small mods) I want to know how many Kms it has done. What upgrades or refurbishments have been done? Has it been modified to run on unleaded?
Do you have receipts for the work done on it over the last couple of years? Saying how much has been spent will really help the sale.
Detail the rust problem, be truthful.
I'll go out on a limb here and say that $6,000.
That's not an offer, but sight unseen I'd say a fair price.
eon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006, 08:53   #3 (permalink)

I didnt do any work to the car. I do not have receipts but i am the third owner and friends with the second owner so the history can be traced. The rust has been covered up but is bubbling up on the inside of the front drivers side door. Other than that its not an issue. All this car needs is a new paint job to get it in perfect condition. Im not happy with the paint it wasnt done properly. Then again i am a perfectionist. $6000 is a little cheap. Once you drive it you will understand that alot of time and effort was put into this car.

P.S: These cars arent getting cheaper. As time goes on prices will go up, espeacialy examples like this. Im selling it to pay off depts and make way for a motorbike.
Old 03-20-2006, 01:55   #4 (permalink)
eon
Grumpy Old Fart

Mate I hope I haven't upset you.

You have to understand why someone would want to buy your car.

For a daily driver?
Then it needs to be cheap, probably on gas, certainly no performance mods as the cost of petrol now is the deathnell on old V8s.

Sunday car?
Yep then if it's not cheap all the hard work should have been done if you are going to ask more than say $6,000. Drive away no more to pay will be the expectation.

Any more than $6,000 can get them into better cars with more power

Anyway I'd love you to prove me wrong. It's true what they say: "There's nothing like a V8."

Keep us posted and best of luck with the sale
Old 03-20-2006, 04:45   #5 (permalink)

It'a all good mate you havnt upset me it's ok.

It's just the way i see it is that someone looking for a daily driver won't be looking for cars like this. Whoever buys this car is a person that really wants a excellent condition ZC Fairlane and a person like that is ready to pay good money for one.

This is not a car for everyone. I can sell it for $6000 in a second. Infact I almost sold it for $12000 a few times not too long ago. No kidding.

I don't really care how long it takes to sell because most cars from the sixties are gaining value. This is a 1969 model. The pre-1970 ZC fairlanes are a little different because they came with no seatbelts in the back which makes the seats look neat.

Also do you think that a installing a toplaoder will increase or decrease chance of sale and value(whatever it might be).

By the way im not asking for $12000.
Heres a few more pics.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00241.JPG (68.3 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00248.JPG (43.2 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00199.JPG (56.2 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00238.JPG (71.6 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00243.JPG (60.5 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00245.JPG (39.2 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00236.JPG (71.3 KB, 20 views)
Old 03-20-2006, 05:01   #6 (permalink)

Good straight and complete ZC/ZD Fairlanes are getting harder to find these days, and hence the increase in price. If you think that you can get more than $12000, then advertise it at that price. from your description and the photos, I don't think you would be rude to ask for at least $15000. Remember, if it doesn't sell, you can always reduce the price. But if you do sell it at the higher price, then well and good.

Personally, I wouldn't install the top loader. I'd try and keep the car as original as you can, but that's just my preference. Since you have a T bar shifter, maybe try finding a centre console to compliment it. It's surprising how few centre console ZC/ZD's I see around these days.

Anyway, good luck with the car, what ever you chose to do with it. It is a nice car, and as long as it's kept in good nick, it will only go up in value.
ToddZC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 14:14   #7 (permalink)
eon
Grumpy Old Fart

Hey twin sub woofers!!!!

It would have been nice to see the engine mate.

Todds' right Fairlane71, if you want to sell don't waste the toploader.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the ZC's didn't come with a centre console did it?

Again sourcing one from another model will not increase the chances of sale or value, in my opinion.

If you want to keep the car then such mods are OK to make it your Fairlane. Enjoy it for a couple of years then sell.

$12,000, or thereabouts, puts it in top category. Perhaps the best place to maximise your return Fairlane71 would be to advertise in Unique Cars. Boy are some blokes asking top dollar in that mag. I often wonder if they get their asking price.

As Todd says, you can always drop the price.....
Old 03-20-2006, 23:55   #8 (permalink)

I have never seen one with a center console but im sure it would of been possible to order it with one. I also dont think it wiuld change the price of it.

Anyway here is a pic of the engine.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00233.JPG (84.8 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00252.JPG (82.9 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00253.JPG (77.1 KB, 4 views)
Old 03-24-2006, 05:42   #9 (permalink)

Have you thought about bringing the car back to a more orginal state. It is just that it appears that more and more people are chasing good clean original examples as against hotted up older Fords. Price, Lord only knows.

Best of luck
paull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 17:25   #10 (permalink)
TuffZc and pursuit

My Zc came with a center console but it was an auto.

I have had mine for 22 years now and back in the early 90's got offered $18000 sight unseen by a guy in NSW who had seen it in streetmachine back in the early 90's. and that was with no reg or RWC, It was tempting at the time but I'm glad I kept it.

*UPDATE * Pursuit has just run 11.763 and 116.18 mph making it Australias Quickest and fastest unopened boss as well as Australias Quickest and fastest naturally aspirated Boss
ratter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Older Fords > Classic Fords > Fairlane | Torino