Old Ford yard closing soon dec 5th=crusher - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
¬Ľ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Older Fords > Classic Fords > Fairlane | Torino
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Fairlane | Torino Discussion area for Fanatics of the Classic Ford Fairlane and Torino Lines.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2003, 15:26   #1 (permalink)
Old Ford Fan

Old Ford yard closing soon dec 5th=crusher

Anyone needing any parts, I was told tonight Classic Ford in Maine is crushing half of their junkyard December 5th...they had glass/trim I needed(took 7 calls and almost two weeks to get a price though), said they had quite a few '65 galaxies and the like...If you need something, might want to try them soon. Sad to hear of another parts source going away- not many left that will give you decent pricing(just hope my stuff shows up intact next week as promised).
Their number is (800)894-4300. Good luck, Tim
ford4v429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-30-2003, 18:32   #2 (permalink)

Re: Old Ford yard closing soon dec 5th=crusher

Hey Ford4v429 you don't know if they have a web site do you? I'd kinda like to see their inventory before they crush.
Too bad about that tho' these older Ford cars are getting harder and harder to find parts for. I need seats for my '65 Hrdtp, the originals got destroyed 3 years ago.

Laris500
Laris500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2003, 19:29   #3 (permalink)
Old Ford Fan

Re: Old Ford yard closing soon dec 5th=crusher

Laris500-
www.classicford.com is their site for the yard thats closing- not very complete inventory list at all, and I had a really hard time getting ahold of the guy...

www.allamericanclassics.com has a very good inventory list/decent prices too- but the car I needed parts from, shown in inventory had already been scrapped- otherwise very quick replies, good phone help.

www.dvap.com is extremely well organized shop, with rust free parts, but in Arizona sun, doubt if they have many good interior parts. They want top dollar too-wanted 225+100 shipping for rear glass, and would not insure shipping, 150 for trim- classicford glass was 135 including shipping/insured(but I havent gotten it yet), and 40 for trim.

update: got the glass/trim ok from classic, also bought a 'rust free' gas filler door- was a rusted, pitted piece of crap that immediately went into the trashcan...for $15.00, didnt expect much, but buyer beware- 'rust free' might mean the rust hasnt ate a hole yet to some people. i think if it can rust, save your money and buy it from out west...

Last edited by ford4v429; 01-13-2004 at 20:28. Reason: update
ford4v429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Older Fords > Classic Fords > Fairlane | Torino