old fuel, new fuel? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Older Fords > Classic Fords > Fairlane | Torino
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Fairlane | Torino Discussion area for Fanatics of the Classic Ford Fairlane and Torino Lines.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2004, 08:14   #1 (permalink)

Question old fuel, new fuel?

I have a ZD 302 fairlaine, and with the phasing out of the LRP what fuels and additives are now recomended. The engine is still origional except for a duel plane maniflod and a 600 Holley, and a single 2 1/2 inch exhaust system, the performance and drivability are great and I don't want to sacrifice this if possible.
Teeldama is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-11-2004, 16:29   #2 (permalink)

Re: old fuel, new fuel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teeldama
I have a ZD 302 fairlaine, and with the phasing out of the LRP what fuels and additives are now recomended. The engine is still origional except for a duel plane maniflod and a 600 Holley, and a single 2 1/2 inch exhaust system, the performance and drivability are great and I don't want to sacrifice this if possible.
G'day Teeldama.

I use a Flashlube valve lube kit and fluid in my 1979 ZJ 351C Fairlane,
and run unleaded regular or premium in it, and I have found it to be a good
alternative for me. :s4
My engine is stock (i.e 4 Barrel Thermoquad and ford factory Dual plane Spreadbore manifold etc.) except for a recently fitted 2 1/2 inch single exhaust system.
Check out their website it's at www.flashlube.com.au I think?

The kit feeds the engine from a bottle mounted in your engine bay into a suitable vacum source, and you adjust the drip (feed) rate for your engine to your requirements.
It works for me, so you may want to check it out.
Hope this helps a bit.
HOON DOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Older Fords > Classic Fords > Fairlane | Torino