Ford Forums banner

XF engine into ZC

2K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  ZCFairlaneguy 
#1 ·
A quick technical question:

I am putting a crossflow 250 from an XF wagon into my ZC Fairlane (built 1970).

In Queensland, do I need to keep all the emission control gear that came in the XF???

#3 ·
ZCFairlaneguy said:
I would asume so because of the ADR'S and the use of unleaded petrol so to be on the safe side i would and it might help ya out if you get a bad cop when he pulls ya over.
Secondly is it efi or carb?
and have you had luck finding parts for ya zc?
Yeah, I found it very easy to just shift the whole lot into the ZC...

It is a carb - but I have an EFI engine there I plan to use later...

I have been collecting ZC parts for the last 14 years, so I am pretty good for parts - quarter vent window handles I am short of...

#4 ·
Cool it was that I was chasesing some parts for mine thats all but on the bright side I saw some of those handdles the other week If ya really keen I could go and have a look and grabsome for ya? if they dont want the EARTH for them!!!! some of the parts I have seen the price puts ou off getting them these days, should have bought all of those parts when I was younger! but hey what are you going to do?

#5 ·
ZCFairlaneguy said:
I saw some of those handdles the other week If ya really keen I could go and have a look and grabsome for ya? if they dont want the EARTH for them!!!!
That would be right neighbourly of you - where are you located?

Also, what parts are you after - I have heaps of unused chrome - I am a bit of a dechrome nut...

Attachments

#6 ·
I'm in brissy mate so therea few places to find the parts if ya know where to look ;) and I broke my leg playing rugby(league) a coupple of weeks a go still on crutches so give me some time and then I will look for them next time Im chaseing parts. for the parts I need look in the wanted section as I posted them there. how mutch would u be prepared to pay for the parts so I know whats youre limit so I dont get stuck with em.
cheers mate!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.