Mavericks Galore (noobie) - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Older Fords > Classic Fords > Maverick | Comet
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Maverick | Comet Ford Maverick / Mercury Comet discussion area

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2005, 10:16   #1 (permalink)

Mavericks Galore (noobie)

Hi guys...just wanted to introduce myself. I'm from the Mississippi Gulf Coast and I presently own seven Ford Mavericks. Unfortunately five of them were flooded recently during Hurricane Katrina. I'll be saving two of the flooded cars and parting out or selling the other three. My collection consists of:
1971 Grabber, 302, c4, factory buckets, Grabber Green, owned this one since 1974. Flooded but will be saved.
1971 Grabber, 302, c4, Grabber Blue, several mods including Shelby tail lights and stripes, See Avitar, lots of fun with this one. Gotta save this one too.
1971 Grabber, 302, c4, Grabber Yellow, mostly original. Probably part this one out to help save the green car.
1971 Grabber Clone, 302, c4, Grabber Red, custom interior, shelby stripes, Centerlines, will be selling this one as is...flooded.
1972 Sprint Maverick, 302, c4, rustfree, just purchased from original owner in Ca., needs paint and interior, can't wait to restore this car.
1974 LDO Maverick 2 door, 302, c4, all original unrestored car, also just purchased out of Ca., unbelievable car as it is...showcar already.
1974 2 door, 6 cyl, c4, complete car, was running but got flooded also. Will be parting this one out too.
I also had a 1970 Boss 302 Mustang which was all apart. It too, got flooded by the storm. I just sold it to a gentleman in North Carolina so it could get some immediate attention. I simply don't have enough time to save all of these cars and the Boss 302 was one I didn't want to see rust apart. Much too valuable of a car for that and was really too expensive of a car for me to restore properly right now. I had owned it for 15 years and was getting nowhere with it so I figured now was the best time to give it a better home.
Oh well, enough rambling for now. I've been a member of the Maverick Forum for several years. I've heard of this forum but this is my first time to visit. Look forward to spending more time here.
Merry Christmas everyone!
Ray Parrish
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-10-2006, 18:21   #2 (permalink)
CYCLING2X2

Re: Mavericks Galore (noobie)

Sorry for your losses. I'm in New Olreans area and looking for an original Grabber or Comet GT. Any leads? jbdesk@yahoo.com
Old 01-20-2006, 17:31   #3 (permalink)
Unregistered

Hi Ray.
Wanted to know if you still have the sprint maverick.

thanks

Jason
Old 01-20-2006, 20:53   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYCLING2X2
Sorry for your losses. I'm in New Olreans area and looking for an original Grabber or Comet GT. Any leads? jbdesk@yahoo.com
Are you looking for something to restore or something already finished. One of my flooded cars is an original 71 Grabber. It does have a few spots with rust problems but is very restorable. I'll probably just part it out unless someone buys it pretty soon. It has a lot of great parts on it which I could use on another of my Grabbers that I intend on saving. I don't know of any others at this time.
Ray
Old 01-20-2006, 21:02   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered
Hi Ray.
Wanted to know if you still have the sprint maverick.

thanks

Jason
Jason, I still have the Sprint but it's not one of the cars I have for sale. I just purchased this car after Katrina so it's not one of the flooded cars.
Ray
Old 06-07-2006, 20:24   #6 (permalink)

ray i just have to say you have the best looking blue grabber ever
maverick75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 10:35   #7 (permalink)
Building a Spabber

Hi Ray!
Just found this board, good to see some familiar faces...
ratio411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 19:24   #8 (permalink)

Hey Rayzor I see that I am not the only one that is new to this forum, I just joined it too. Nice to see you here.
wulfhinzdenzin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Older Fords > Classic Fords > Maverick | Comet