What's it worth? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Older Fords > Classic Fords > Maverick | Comet
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Maverick | Comet Ford Maverick / Mercury Comet discussion area

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2006, 17:53   #1 (permalink)

What's it worth?

I've located a 64 Comet 2 door 404 here in MN. The car is in pretty bad shape. Missing all glass and seats, but the body is in surprisingly good shape. I was told the car came from CA. The floors, rockers and quarters look solid. The car comes with the original 289 (disassembled) and tranny (not sure if it is automatic or three speed). The owner is asking $650 for it. Is this a good deal?

pushrod63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-08-2006, 20:17   #2 (permalink)

Re: What's it worth?

That will end up owing you far,far more than what it's worth and will take a million years to complete...unless you get 'Pimped' or 'Overhauled',but I would count on that,LOL!! regards...Luke!!
lukeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 20:33   #3 (permalink)

I forgot to mention that I am a body man by trade. I jsut haven't owned a Mercury before.
pushrod63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 23:26   #4 (permalink)

There's still a fortune in upholstery,glass,rubbers,tires & brakes,suspension & steering,engine & transmission,and whatever else I have'nt mentioned!! I would just look for a better one to start with that requires far less put into it.Also,if you are thinking of a 1964 Comet...the 1964 Comet Cyclone looks much better and will be worth more when completed,regards...Luke!!
lukeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Older Fords > Classic Fords > Maverick | Comet