62 mercury monterey - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Older Fords > Classic Fords > Galaxie
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Galaxie Galaxie discussion area

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2010, 17:54   #1 (permalink)

62 mercury monterey

just bought this car and i cant find a mercury forum so i figured i would ask you guys.
2 major things im looking for is the best way to get power steering into this car. (im a 110lbs chick and i want to make it a daily driver)
also im looking for the best price (not cheap) disk conversion for the front.
im looking for bolt on stuff too.
thanks!
JANUARY is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2010, 18:13   #2 (permalink)

Re: 62 mercury monterey

heres a link for the power steering.Ford Rack and Pinion Conversions, Galaxies, Fords, Mustangs, Custom Steering and you might give these guys a try on the disc brakes 1963 1964 FORD GALAXIE BIG BRAKE 13" ROTOR DISC BRAKES : eBay Motors (item 380214654448 end time Apr-11-10 09:04:13 PDT). they might be able to help you . ive been told that you can use spindles from a 77 tbird or a ltd2 for a conversion to disc brakes on a 63 or 64 galaxie . but im not sure if it will work on a 62 merc
mxis4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 23:25   #3 (permalink)
63-1/2 Galaxie

Hi, All 62 Mercury full size have same suspension as the 62 Ford. Spindles are same for
62, 63, & 64 Ford and Mercs. Therefore any disk brake conversion for 63 & 64 Fords & Mercs would be same for 62 Mercurys. Power steering setups are all they same. Always liked the 62 Mercury, they are not too many around now. About they only difference in the Chassis for the 62 Ford and Merc is the wheel base. Ford is 119" and the Merc 120". Best advice to you is to get yourself a Shop manual...They are on ebay and usually reprints. Its called 1962 Ford & Mercury shop manual. That way you will get all the info you need on your car. Good Luck.
Butchart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 18:34   #4 (permalink)

already got the manual,first thing i bought.
thanks for the conversion info....never worked with merc. before so i have no idea what works with what.
JANUARY is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Older Fords > Classic Fords > Galaxie