'68 4 speed Fastback...1 of 29? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Older Fords > Classic Fords > Galaxie
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Galaxie Galaxie discussion area

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2007, 20:01   #1 (permalink)

'68 4 speed Fastback...1 of 29?

Hi everyone. I'm new here and have a question about one of my Fords. It's a 1968 XL500(Galaxie) Fastback. It has a 390, front discs and a factory 4-speed. It's white with red side stripes and has a maroon interior(buckets/console). I bought the car when I was 18 and hot rodded it around like an idiot instead of working on it. I still have the car and the body is straight and the interior is decent. The rings are toast and I haven't driven it in a couple years. It is currently sitting on blocks at my parents house in Co.
Now for my question; How rare is this combination of options as far as powertrain and brakes? The guy I bought it from claimed it was 1/29 produced with these options. I know these cars are pretty rare to begin with but 1/29 seems a bit of a stretch. Can anyone perhaps give me a ballpark figure of the possible rarity of this car point me in the right direction to find out. I know the build info is out there, I just don't know where. I can get the VIN if necesary.

Thanks
nik97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-09-2007, 13:00   #2 (permalink)

Re: '68 4 speed Fastback...1 of 29?

Hi, I hopr you can find what you need at: Ford VIN Decoder - Learn how we Decode Classic Fords such as Fairlanes, Falcons, Galaxies, and Mustangs

ake me know if your is 1/29!!!
marco.compiano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 13:05   #3 (permalink)
wasnt me

the 4 speed may make it a bit rare but my wagon is 390 front disc so i have my doubts only 29 got that that setup.
Old 04-20-2007, 06:39   #4 (permalink)

Hello

You have a cool care for sure it worth more than the average usually 2000.00 more but really depends on the condition of the car which engine and what options etc. Mine is a 68 XL GT Convertible with AC, AM FM, Tilt, Power windows, Power Bucket seat, Power Locks, head Rest, Factory Tach, Disc brakes, factory power antenna and soon factory power trunk they only made 316 GT version convertibles the option and the 428 engine make very rare.

If you decide to sell let me know. This is a one year model and parts are very hard to find and cost a great amount of money if you can find them.

jmorris95@hotmail,com
68XLGTCV428CJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Older Fords > Classic Fords > Galaxie