69 LTD with a factory 4-speed - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Older Fords > Classic Fords > Galaxie
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Galaxie Galaxie discussion area

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2011, 11:03   #1 (permalink)

69 LTD with a factory 4-speed

I just purchased a 69 LTD with a factory installed 429 4bbl and 4speed over the weekend. Anyone have any idea as to the rarity of this car? It is extremely rusty--to the point that it is not saveable without another complete body and frame--it is way past too far gone to fix. There is not a piece of sheet metal on it anywhere that is saveable--including the roof!
It does run and move though. Black with black interior, white vinyl top, AM/FM stereo radio, rear defroster, and automatic airbag leveling rear suspension option. 3.25 rear end with open diff.
I am going to put all the 4-speed stuff in my 1970 LTD that is currently a 429 4bbl with a C6.
Brian Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-18-2011, 08:56   #2 (permalink)

Re: 69 LTD with a factory 4-speed

Dang, I have been looking for a clutch pedal assembly for a 69 XL for months, I would say you have a pretty darn rare car there. I wish you were not using the manual conversion parts, I would love to buy them from you. Could you possibly help me out? I would like a few pictures of the pedals, z bar and transmission with shifter. I am trying to see if I can locate somthing that is close. Email to scotturnot@gmail.com
Scotturnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 19:41   #3 (permalink)

Very rare car with the 4 speed. First year of that engine too.
Mustang Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 12:29   #4 (permalink)

I knew it was a pretty rare car when I went to look at it. The owner knew it was rare too, but we were able to work out a good fair price on it. The sad thing is how terrible the condition of the car is in. There isn't a single sheet metal panel on the car without major rust holes in it--including the roof! The frame has huge holes rusted in it back behind the rear wheels too. I got it off the trailer last weekend and moved it over to the shop area and got it lifted up so I could survey the running gear. The tag number on the trans is correct for a 69 LTD with a 429 and all the clutch/4-speed stuff is there and in good condition. The bolt on hump in the floor over the shifter mechanism is still solid and I thankfully will be able to transfer all that over to my 70. I have a truck project I am finishing right now, so it will be November before I tear into this one, but once I get going, I will have it completely apart in a week.
Brian Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Older Fords > Classic Fords > Galaxie