Advice needed for '65 - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Older Fords > Classic Fords > Galaxie
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Galaxie Galaxie discussion area

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2010, 17:33   #1 (permalink)
Brody David Robinaugh

Advice needed for '65

I'm restoring a 65 Galaxie with the 352 that doesn't have any heat. It has a new radiator and thermostat, we've checked the heater core, the hoses warm up as they should, and the blower does work. However, the air isn't hot, even after the car has been running. Any advice on what else could be the problem?

Currently the top is just painted black, but eventually I want to get a black vinyl top. I haven't been able to find ones for the 65 galaxie, but I know I've seen newer cars with aftermarket vinyl tops, would my best bet be to have a top custom made?

I'm going to be looking for new wheels before the car is done. Right now, it has gold thunderbird rims that I don't particularly like. Its a red 2 door hardtop with a black top. Any suggestions on rims/hub caps that look good with the 65's body lines?

I'll likely have more questions down the road, but any help I can get with these will be greatly appreciated!
Advertisement

Old 09-10-2010, 18:22   #2 (permalink)

Re: Advice needed for '65

could it possibly be an air pocket or air in your lines? I had that happen once where it didn't have enough anti freeze in and it developed a spot that just didn't fill up and it prevented the heater core from doing so as well.
66GalaxieMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 20:30   #3 (permalink)
63-1/2 Galaxie

You might try reversing the heater hoses at the heater core. Although even if they were wrongly connected you should be getting some warm air through the core, not
necessarily hot air. Or like he 66galaxieman says, you may have an air pocket.
Butchart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 08:17   #4 (permalink)

A air pocket or a Blockage in the Block or Head.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Older Fords > Classic Fords > Galaxie