anyone running the 352? Have you found the perfect - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Older Fords > Classic Fords > Galaxie
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Galaxie Galaxie discussion area

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2010, 21:01   #1 (permalink)

anyone running the 352? Have you found the perfect

carb for both street and economy, so that the engine is lively but its not draining the tank each time you start the car? I have the 4100 Autolite on there now (thanks to Bert for the ID!) :) and am not in love with it for many reasons, and would be happy to switch to an Edelbrock or Holley.
66GalaxieMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-10-2010, 23:25   #2 (permalink)
63-1/2 Galaxie

Re: anyone running the 352? Have you found the perfect

The 352 and 390 are somewhat gas hogs, changing the carb to a different brand
won't help much. I have and 63 Galaxie, been running the 4100 carb for the 23 years I have owned the car. It never gave me any trouble. I installed a new carb kit in it
about 8 years ago and still no problems with it. Never have to do any adjustments.
Reason for the carb kit was some of the gaskets and rubber diaphrams were rotting out.
I know a lot of guys scoff at these carbs, but they are not given their due credit.
Butchart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 08:10   #3 (permalink)

Thanks for your input, Butch. I will try rebuilding the 4100 before I get too set in my way of thinking and see if that helps at all. I suspect there are gasket issues along with its probably long overdue for a good teardown and cleaning.

Thanks for your input, I appreciate your insight and personal experience. It helps to hear it!
66GalaxieMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 20:41   #4 (permalink)

I actually changed from the factory 352 2 bbl setup to a 390 with the same 2bbl and now with a 4bbl Edelbrock intake and 650cfm carb and it's not made too much difference in the gas mileage. Short trips I've gained some mpg, long trips end up about the same. The ignition system will be gone through next week and upgraded to a Pertronix kit with an upgraded coil, and the trans will be gone through as it is slipping into high gear.

Hopefully when those two items are handled I can give you another testament to what happens when you change out the pieces.
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Older Fords > Classic Fords > Galaxie