Canadian Numbers - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Older Fords > Classic Fords > Galaxie
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Galaxie Galaxie discussion area

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2006, 04:42   #1 (permalink)

Question Canadian Numbers

Hi everyone, I'm looking for someone to help me decode the numbers on a 1964 Mercury Marauder. Couldn't find a classic Mercury forum so I put it here.
The numbers are :

5BB 345 JB and 163C 64L 072721.

Thanks, Landman
Landman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-08-2006, 23:19   #2 (permalink)
63-1/2 Galaxie

Re: Canadian Numbers

Hi, This is taken from my 1963 Ford shop manual which also has 63 Mercury codes which could vary slightly from 64 codes. So herewith best I can do for you unless someone has a 64 Ford-Merc shop manual.

5BB...I don't know what the 5 stands for but the BB is paint code which is one solid color..Black
345 is a interior trim & upholstry code...my numbers for the Merc info only go up to 341
JB = 390 cu.in. with auto trans.
163C, 1 indicates its a V-8, 63C is the body style which is a two door hardtop fastback model.
64L.....64 is the year and the L indicates its left hand drive. 072721....thats the consecutive unit number off the assembly line.
These are for Canadian Codes. U.S. codes are very different.
You could also try getting some info from the
galaxie club of Canada. The Galaxie Club of Canada
Butchart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 17:41   #3 (permalink)

Thumbs up Re: Canadian Numbers

Thanks Butchart,

That is exactly what I wanted to know. The car has a 427 in it. I wanted to know what it was born with. What I have to find out now is what 427 is in there. It may well be worth the asking price by itself. Where are the numbers on a 427?

Pat
Landman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 12:21   #4 (permalink)
63-1/2 Galaxie

Sorry I can't help you out much on the 427 stuff, I do have some info but you would have to pull the engine to see if it was genuine. I do know the main bearing journals are cross bolted, thats the best way. (don't have to pull the engine for that). Also exhaust manifold would be different than standard 390. A Friend of mine has a 64 Meteor convertible and has a 64 Merc-Meteor full size car shop manual, but won't see him for week or so and the correct codes can be decifered from that. I might be able to get that info to you next week....maybe.
Butchart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 22:33   #5 (permalink)

Hy! I know how the decode your VIN plate for your Canadian Ford car, I had the same interrogation.
Just communicate with John Albano, Ford Canada Vintage, it's free!
jalbano3@ford.com
He will help you with pleasure!

Sylvain

Ps Sorry for my english, i'm from Québec and speek french.
lotus007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Older Fords > Classic Fords > Galaxie