diamond in the rough? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Older Fords > Classic Fords > Galaxie
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Galaxie Galaxie discussion area

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2005, 22:49   #1 (permalink)

diamond in the rough?

hey everyone im a 18 year old ford lover that had a 84 5.0 mustang, now 2 sho's, love em, anyway i was out at my friends farm witch is '64 galaxie heavan and i came across a 1966 hardtop among all the other galaxies in the field, making sure the numbers on the door matched the body i took the numbers down and came up with 6W61Q128497, going on the internet that night i learn that the "Q" means 7 litre 428 4v, there's no engine or trans, but a complete restorable rolling shell and most interior, is this car worth pulling out of the weeds? or is this car not worth anything? 345 factory horse gets a guys curiosity going, thanks for the help!!
shoR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-29-2005, 20:24   #2 (permalink)
Old Ford Fan

Re: diamond in the rough?

I dont know the numbers, but if its that rare, I bet someone would snap it up- if its got a title anyways...would imagine sitting in a field rotted the frame, unless that was the original reason it wound up there, but if all the tags and any special 7 litre parts are still there, someone might want it even just to piece together one down the road...saw a few years back, a guy found a 69 cougar cowl/partial clip- with a vin tag and title...with a extremely rare engine code...dunno if it was Z or X or whatever, but there were only 2 holman-moody prepped boss429 1969 cougars built, and somebody bought the title and enough tin to rebuild one from for near nothing. Dont seem right to do such a thing, but to some documentation is more important than anything else...good luck- in any event, tell the guy he really ought to do something good with these old cars- sad to hear of rare parts rotting away when surely someone could use them.
Old 11-29-2005, 20:28   #3 (permalink)
Old Ford Fan

ps- what part of the country are you in?
Old 11-30-2005, 07:16   #4 (permalink)

I am located in saskatchewan, canada, the 7 litre isnt to bad shape and theres 2 other complete 66 galaxie 2 doors with 289s that seem to be nice parts cars down the road from this farm, seems like around here there are a few rare finds out in the fields, i still know where there is a complete 1970 cougar Eliminator 300hp 351c, just sittin there rotting although this sounds like a story from carsinbarns i still hope to end up with that cougar some day
Old 11-30-2005, 09:41   #5 (permalink)

If that is in deed a 7 liter, go for it. I think that all the 7 Liters had bucket seats in them, are they still there?
bertha66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 14:28   #6 (permalink)
wasnt me

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford4v429
I dont know the numbers, but if its that rare, I bet someone would snap it up- if its got a title anyways...would imagine sitting in a field rotted the frame, unless that was the original reason it wound up there, but if all the tags and any special 7 litre parts are still there, someone might want it even just to piece together one down the road...saw a few years back, a guy found a 69 cougar cowl/partial clip- with a vin tag and title...with a extremely rare engine code...dunno if it was Z or X or whatever, but there were only 2 holman-moody prepped boss429 1969 cougars built, and somebody bought the title and enough tin to rebuild one from for near nothing. Dont seem right to do such a thing, but to some documentation is more important than anything else...good luck- in any event, tell the guy he really ought to do something good with these old cars- sad to hear of rare parts rotting away when surely someone could use them.
a title? you need a title for a car thats almost 40 years old in ohio? if so that sucks, here in nh if its older than 15 you dont need the title, just need an old registration or a state trooper/state inspector to fill out a paper that verifies the vin. the registry doesnt even look at the paper i noticed, maybe someone down the line does, dunno. as long as they give me a registration and plates i dont care
Old 11-30-2005, 15:44   #7 (permalink)

Buckets are gone but the console and shifter are still intact, was c6 auto, red "Crinkle" vinyl interior, exterior color factory is Candyapple Red body & Raven Black roof, here in canada car probley has to be safetied if it hasnt been on the road or plated for 25+ years, somthing like that.
Old 12-01-2005, 15:41   #8 (permalink)

Sounds like a real 7 litre, I would take it. Here in Oregon you can go though the sheriffs office to get a lost title. Check with your DMV and see if they do a lost title form or if there is anything that can be done.
bertha66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Older Fords > Classic Fords > Galaxie