Fe 390 - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Older Fords > Classic Fords > Galaxie
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Galaxie Galaxie discussion area

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2005, 01:35   #1 (permalink)

Fe 390

My 67 XL Convertible has a 68 Merc FE 390 in it. Quite frankly, I don't know nearly enough about this engine. Period.

Are there any suggested books or sites that can cover this engine in detail? Is there anything someone here might be willing to cover?

I'm still trying to troubleshoot what appear to be sluggish secondaries on my Holley 4160. However, that problem led me into my complete lack of knowledge on what seems to be a fairly legendary workhorse engine.
Blue Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-06-2005, 01:07   #2 (permalink)

Re: Fe 390

Wow . . . don't all respond at once! LOL.

Well, fortunately, I found this place.
Old 04-06-2005, 18:23   #3 (permalink)

My Brother has a couple of good Book's that cover the FE...I'll find out more about them for you.
lukeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 20:49   #4 (permalink)
63-1/2 Galaxie

Try get hold of a Chilton's repair manual, an older one that covers those years.
Hey, the Monroe swap meet is coming in May 14-15 and theres usually a few vendors who handle shop manuals. Shouldn't be too much problem to get a 67 shop manual, theres even reprints made now. I use to have an original, kick myself for selling it. You are not too far from Monroe, its a pretty good swap meet and worthwhile attending. As for your carb, you can get rebuild kits for them from autopart suppliers. A good Automotive book store in your area should have a book on holley carbs.
Butchart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 21:44   #5 (permalink)

I do have the original 67 Shop Manual, and yes, it's quite informative. I suppose I'm looking for something along the lines of modern perspectives, not just a repair manual . . .

Thanks Lukeh!
Old 04-07-2005, 00:38   #6 (permalink)
***** Idiot....

BB one of the admins on this site rebuilds FE's for a living. He has been busy with his business in the last few weeks, but I will send him this and see if he will come on and help you. He is a pretty good resource on this.
LunaticSVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 02:42   #7 (permalink)

I would like to stress, I'm not looking for someone to spend hours doing a brain dump for me. One of the biggest challenges I'm facing is finding much in the way of resources.

Thank you. :)
Old 04-07-2005, 13:11   #8 (permalink)
 Admin 

I will see what resources I can gather for you today and post them here for you. There is stuff out there for it. If you need anymore than what I find already on the net, just let me know. I can get tons of data from our database.
burple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 14:17   #9 (permalink)
***** Idiot....

Thanks Johnny for looking into this. :)
LunaticSVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 16:34   #10 (permalink)
 Admin 

OK I forgot just how little online tech stuff there were for these engines. But I will give you a couple of links to some good books that cover these engines pretty well. And the tech part online will change soon. When I get the chance, I will be building a tech database for all FE's on here and just add to it over time when my free time premits. Me and my business partner can get pretty detailed on the subject, so I will have to work on laying all of the data out. Anything that you need right now, just let me know. I am sure I can get the answer for you. If I do not know it, I know one of the hundreds of manuals,books, and tech articles we have will cover it. So just let me know if there is anything else you are looking for, or something in particular.

http://www.themotorbookstore.com/ford-performance.html
http://www.pitstop.net.au/pitstop/pa..._usa/5218.html
burple is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Older Fords > Classic Fords > Galaxie