Found a 1966 Galaxie Fastback 7Litre in wrecking yard today? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Older Fords > Classic Fords > Galaxie
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Galaxie Galaxie discussion area

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2005, 19:57   #1 (permalink)

Found a 1966 Galaxie Fastback 7Litre in wrecking yard today?

hello: Im new here, I a Avid Ford Muscle Car Guy, (Mostly Mustangs/Torinos) It was warm here today,I went over to my freinds wrecking yard today to see whats new (Ford section) since last fall, After looking at all the 5.0L. Mustangs and such I looked to my side and saw a tired,but not rusty 1966 Ford fullsize Fastback, It must have just came in,because it was the end of a long row,and all tires were up,after opening the drivers door,I noticed the stainless console,stainless trim on brake/clutch/gas pedals,with a 4 speed opening, 6 to 8 of the rare stock hubcaps stacked in back seat, I saw lots of trim pieces piled in all areas,(I couldnt open trunk) All glass was intact, I managed to lift hood,what I saw didnt belong there: A 351 Cleveland/Automatic....Well This would have of ended my Questions on this car, but as I was leaving the owner (Rick),said you want that thing? (Galaxie?) I told no...But If you have the title handy,let me know the VIN.... He came out of the office and the 5th digit is a "Q" (a 7Litre?) Some one out there should save this car!!!! It looks rough with hand brushed silver paint,But this thing looks like it could be driven right now.Is this car rare? E-Mail Me @ ShotGun429@Aol.com and I will give you the wrecking yards phone #,so this car will not be crushed for its scrap content. Gregg M. Dayton,Ohio
Boss 429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-18-2005, 22:15   #2 (permalink)
***** Idiot....

Re: Found a 1966 Galaxie Fastback 7Litre in wrecking yard today?

can ya take pics?
LunaticSVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 08:53   #3 (permalink)
Old Ford Fan

Re: Found a 1966 Galaxie Fastback 7Litre in wrecking yard today?

boss429-
I bet its in there for frame rot- hopefully someone will save it, really hate to see any of these old cars crushed- especially rare ones...

question about 'boss429'- you got one? if so by chance might it be kk1311? I tried to buy kk1311 back when I was 18 and couldnt get a loan for the $8500, just always wondered what happened to that car-heard it traded hands several times in the area and was still in ohio, just often wondered if it ever got restored. that was 1982 and to this day I still think about 'that car that got away' daily.

the story behind 1311 as I remember it- when I saw it Fred Maibach pontiac in Rittman had it- he got it from a nephew in michagan who raced two of them, hed wrecked his first one, then put his motor in kk1311 chassis, wife got sick had to part with the car. both cars supposedly had the early 's' series nascar motor, car was complete except- slot rims/wrinklewalls, no air cleaner, open headers, cheap red earl scheib type paintjob- 14,000 on the odometer. last I heard the guy that owned Montrose ford in Akron bought it(mid 80's), damaged frontend putting it on a trailer, and it got disassembled for restoration- heard he died a few years ago, and car was sold to someone else in ohio, just wondered if it ever got returned to its former glory. those were the coolest cars ever built to me. would love to find a set of those heads to put on my 429-just for looks...on the street they were not the greatest, but to anyone thats never actually seen one firsthand-its a jaw dropping experience to see that monster crammed under that skinny mustang hood. the cramped engine bay really makes it look even more massive- and its just such a cool looking beast to boot- sculptured valvecovers a mile wide...man those were cool.

sorry got off on a tangent again- but MANY THANKS for putting up the info- I'll copy to the galaxieclub site too- hopefully someone will save the thing- even a frame job aint that bad- heck if I could do it anyone could :)
heres the mess I got into a couple years back:

http://www.hometown.aol.com/ford4v429/gal1.html
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Older Fords > Classic Fords > Galaxie