Galaxie Seatbelts? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Older Fords > Classic Fords > Galaxie
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Galaxie Galaxie discussion area

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2008, 19:25   #1 (permalink)

Galaxie Seatbelts?

I am thinking of putting seat belts in my 1961 Galaxie, but I need a bit of help.

Did they offer seat belts in 1961? If so, does anyone have a part number for them?

If not, I guess I can always get 1962-1964 belts, as I am unsure if the repro belts from DEARBORN CLASSICS are any good. Does anyone have these belts?

Even better, does anyone have some good original belts from the time?

Thanks.
Great61Galaxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2008, 00:40   #2 (permalink)
63-1/2 Galaxie

Re: Galaxie Seatbelts?

1961 Fords did not come with seatbelts. That started in 1963 as optional equipment.
Check your floor boards underneath the car and see if there were any provisions for the seatbelt anchors....they would be threaded holes because seatbelts were being talked about in the auto industry.
I would inquire at Dearborn Classics or Autokrafters see what they have to say.
Butchart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 01:16   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butchart View Post
1961 Fords did not come with seatbelts. That started in 1963 as optional equipment.
Check your floor boards underneath the car and see if there were any provisions for the seatbelt anchors....they would be threaded holes because seatbelts were being talked about in the auto industry.
I would inquire at Dearborn Classics or Autokrafters see what they have to say.
Dearborn classics has standard repro seat belts that it says fits all 1957-1965 Fords, but I have no clue as to their quality. To be honest, they look rather dull.

I prefer to find some original belts. Whether it be original Rotunda belts or 1963 Ford factory belts.
Old 03-28-2008, 16:16   #4 (permalink)
63-1/2 Galaxie

I take it you have checked out ebay for seatbelts, but narrow your search and try and enter 1963 Ford Galaxie or 1964 Ford Galaxie, quite often seatbelts appear.
Butchart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 19:58   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butchart View Post
I take it you have checked out ebay for seatbelts, but narrow your search and try and enter 1963 Ford Galaxie or 1964 Ford Galaxie, quite often seatbelts appear.
Yeah. I have checked EBAY many times. It can be a gold mine. In fact, I just recently found the NOS seat belts I was looking for. Now if I can just find the correct cancel cam for an early 1961 Galaxie.

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Older Fords > Classic Fords > Galaxie