Hello From Maine - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Older Fords > Classic Fords > Galaxie
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Galaxie Galaxie discussion area

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2005, 12:09   #1 (permalink)

Hello From Maine

HI EVERYONE NEWBIE HERE MALE FROM MAINE MARRIED 34 YEARS 2 KIDS 2 GRANDKIDS I HAVE A 1965 FORD GALXIE CONVERTABLE 352 AUTO HAVE OWNED NOW FOR 2 YEARS HAD ONE JUST LIKE IT 33 YEARS AGO DIDNT APPRECEATE THAT ONE AS MUCH AS I DO THIS ONE NOW! MATBE LOOKING TO TRADE IN SPRING WOULD REALY ;LIKE A 55 OR 56 FORD VICIE OR CUSOMLINE 2DR BUT A LITTLE OUT OF MY PRICE RANGE RIGHT NOW does anyone out here know how to tell what size motor by the # my friend bought a 56 customline and had a sm v8 # on block is eoo6015c?? any hel[p out there guys?:) i knowq its a ford block possabley a 292 or 312 but cant find anything that matchers the ( eoo) THE FRIST PART OF THE NUMBER? ANY HELP OUT THERE WOULD BE WELCME THANKS GUYS HAVE A GREAT DAY! JOE
joe531951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-22-2005, 15:10   #2 (permalink)
63-1/2 Galaxie

Re: Hello From Maine

You might check your serial plate, thats usually where the engine code is.
Engine code on the serial plate:
A..6 cyl 223 cu. in.
U..8 cyl 292 cu. in. 2 bbl carb
M..8 cyl 292 cu. in. 4 bbl carb
P..8 Cyl 312 cu. in. 4 bbl carb
The 6015 in only a part number for the engine block, its actually a basic casting number and is used for all ford engine blocks. It as nothing to do with engine size.
Sorry can't help you with the letters of that number, but would likely be a casting date like month, day, year etc. The last letter after the number usually indicates a slight modification on the block. The next time a modification is made they would use the next letter d.
Butchart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 21:53   #3 (permalink)
Old Ford Fan

Re: Hello From Maine

butchart-
codes changed a bit from 64-65...

from my service manual-
5th digit(from the left) of 'warranty number' on door plate is engine code for a US built 65:

C or 3 = 289
X = 352
H,P,Y or Z=390
L,M,or R = 427
Old 01-28-2006, 18:54   #4 (permalink)

Thumbs up Re: Hello From Maine

Sounds like my story joe. I had one 34 years ago - a 66 convertible - 289 engine. It was my first car. How often do you drive yours? What kind of events do you attend if any?
FirstCarAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Older Fords > Classic Fords > Galaxie