Importing A Galaxie to the US From Brazil - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Older Fords > Classic Fords > Galaxie
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Galaxie Galaxie discussion area

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2008, 16:25   #1 (permalink)

Importing A Galaxie to the US From Brazil

Can it be done? I've searched the web for any info on importing a car from South America and have come up empty. Maybe I need to dig deeper. I've been looking at all the unique Galaxies in Brazil and was wondering of anyone has attempted to bring one back here. My only guess is that its expensive. From what I've found so far is that you can bring a car into the US for personal use and, if its over 25 years old, you don't have to modify it to comply with the regulations here. That seemed to cover Canada and it was sort of generalized with other countries.

If anyone has ever looked at the Fords in Brazil, it seems they made a version of our '66 Galaxie forever with their own unique modifications. I've never seen one like them up here in the states.

Can anyone share any info?

Thanks,

Joe

Here is a link to a '75 Galaxie up for auction in Brazil:
MercadoLivre: Galaxie LTD 1975 - R$ 18000.00
Landau79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Older Fords > Classic Fords > Galaxie

Related Reading: Importing A Galaxie to the US From Brazil