Just a new message - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Older Fords > Classic Fords > Galaxie
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Galaxie Galaxie discussion area

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2005, 21:32   #1 (permalink)
63-1/2 Galaxie

1963 1/2 Galaxie

I see my original thread has gone, so here is a revision with a pic of my galaxie. I am a member of the Galaxie Club of Canada, website http://www.galaxieclub.ca and member of the Galaxie Club of America, U.S. website http://www.galaxieclub.com Many Galaxies can be viewed at these websites. I have a fair bit of knowledge on the 1963 Galaxies, but I dont' know everything, always willing help out with some information if I can. Bought my original 1963 1/2 Galaxie brand new in 1963, had it for four years. This present one I have had for nearly 18 years and have enjoyed many pleasureable miles (about 30,000) driving it. I restored it over the years but drove it too rather than tying it up for a period of time. I have picked up the odd trophy at the car shows. The car is very tight, solid and not a rattle when going over a railway crossing. The paint is about 20 years old but has no rusting, blistering or bubbling on it, but needs new paint soon as the old red color is dulling. This car has the 390 cu. in., cruise-o-matic tranny, power steering and brakes, vinyl top, bumper guards, spinner hubcaps and a chrome dress up kit on the motor. Those are all options. Mine is the 1963 1/2 Galaxie 500 Fastback or sometimes called the Sports hardtop. Reason for the 1/2 is the result of a change in the roof style from the old box top or squareback.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 7-Oct-02 #1.jpg (65.5 KB, 13 views)
Butchart is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Older Fords > Classic Fords > Galaxie