Kill Switch - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Older Fords > Classic Fords > Galaxie
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Galaxie Galaxie discussion area

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2005, 21:21   #1 (permalink)

Kill Switch

I'm thinking I need to install a kill switch on my '62 Galaxy so I make sure it stays put and doesn't get borrowed. Any ideas on how to do this? Is there a kit for this or is it just wiring up a hidden toggle switch?

Thanks
brentville is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-22-2005, 02:16   #2 (permalink)

Re: Kill Switch

I had a 69 XW GT a while ago which obviously didnt have any of the latest smartshield/ smartlock stuff so I got an auto elctrician mate to put a simple toggle / metal kill switch up inside the boot. Once you knew where to feel for it and click on and off it was easy to use and helped ease the worry of some d-ck head trying to steal your ride.
HSV ETA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 20:46   #3 (permalink)
63-1/2 Galaxie

A kill switch is a good idea to ward off theft attempts. I also have one too and I put one on my battery terminal for safety because you never know with these old collector cars when a wire can get hot while in storage and burn up your pride and joy and your house too. So everytime I put it away in the garage I just unscrew the kill switch. Most auto parts suppliers have them and they just mount on the battery post and then connect your battery cable to the switch.
Butchart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2005, 02:02   #4 (permalink)

Once I had an XB Falcon that was pretty stock nad worthless...but once I'd spent a bit off money on it and loaded it with GT Parts, I amongst other things fitted a Tap to the fuel line.
lukeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Older Fords > Classic Fords > Galaxie