Looking at a galaxie - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Older Fords > Classic Fords > Galaxie
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Galaxie Galaxie discussion area

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2005, 21:52   #1 (permalink)

Looking at a galaxie

I found a 66 Galaxie 500 for sale this week. I went to look at it today, but no one was home. Im really intrested in the car. I was wonder how hard is it to get work done to it, like if something went wrong, would i just be sol, or would it cost alot to fix. It probably has an AM radio in it, but i listen to alot of music, is it hard to put a normal car cd player in? If your wondering about the price its 4500, and it has 16k miles on it, im not sure if it has turned over or not, since no one was home when i looked at it.

It looks exactly like this picture here. http://www.greatlakeshobby.com/image...rd_Galaxie.jpg

there are some minor things that i could see, like a scratch on the passanger door, and there is a belt that needs replaced, i think it went to the ac or something, it just wnet ot a big box on the righ side of the engine, like on top of it.

i plan on calling tmr about it.
Mooglebass is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-07-2005, 15:20   #2 (permalink)
wasnt me

Re: Looking at a galaxie

get it up on a lift so you can check the undercarriage thoroughly for rust and anything that needs replacement, no harder to work on than any other american car of the 60's. Some parts are a little difficult to find but the nos dealers can usually find anything. the aftermarket is starting to recognize these cars finally too.
Old 08-08-2005, 21:57   #3 (permalink)

Re: Looking at a galaxie

well i went to talk to the guy about it. it was a flordia car, engine and tranny were rebuilt at 100k, it has new breaks, a newer top on it, the inteor is all orginal and in great shape. There isnt a whole lot of rust on it really, just some surface rust on the panels. It has AC but he dont know if it works, if it dont i might be able to get it at a lower price, and along with a few other things that it needs like new tires. my good friend who is a body man is going to go look at it with me, and tell me what he thinks.
Mooglebass is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Older Fords > Classic Fords > Galaxie